Crock Pot Country Style Pork Ribs is one of those slow cooker recipes that just can’t be beat – the meat is fall-off-the-bone tender and is so easy to make. This is an easy and tasty weeknight dinner the whole family will enjoy.
If you love a big plate of BBQ ribs, then feast your eyes on this recipe! My crock pot country style ribs have been a staple of my summer cooking for years because they’re so delicious and so easy to make. They’re made in a crock pot, so they always come out tender and juicy, and my special BBQ sauce has a sweet, surprise ingredient that adds a subtle twist to the sauce and makes the ribs even more tender. These are the perfect summertime recipe, you guys. But hey, you don’t have to wait until summer to make them. They’re made in the crock pot, after all!
Crock Pot Country Style Pork Ribs
This delicious recipe starts with boneless country style pork ribs. I put them in the slow cooker with all the sauce ingredients, and then I simply wait all day until the ribs are super tender and juicy. That’s all there is to it! After that, there’s nothing left to do but enjoy the ribs with favorite BBQ sides. It’s as easy as it gets, and oh, so delicious.
Why You’ll Love This Crock Pot Country Style Pork Rib Recipe
- The ribs are fall-apart tender and juicy. They are slow cooked and the crock pot does all the work for you, so the ribs have plenty of time to cook down and become incredibly tender.
- These ribs only use a few simple ingredients and are super easy to make.
- Just toss all of the ingredients into the crock pot, and let it slow cook for 6-8 hours and you will have delicious, tender ribs the whole family will enjoy.
Crock Pot Country Style Pork Ribs Ingredients
These ribs only take a handful of simple ingredients to make. It’s really just a handful, and you’ll find everything you need in just a few minutes at your grocery store.
- Country-style pork ribs
- BBQ sauce
- Garlic salt
- Black pepper
How to Make Crock Pot Country Style Pork Ribs
You absolutely will not find an easier rib recipe anywhere ever. You won’t find an easier recipe of any kind, really. The entire recipe consists of chopping an onion, dumping everything into your crock pot, and then waiting. That’s it!
Step 1: Combine the Ingredients
Add the onions, ribs, garlic salt, pepper, Coke, and BBQ Sauce to the crock pot in that order.
Step 2: Cook
Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 6 to 7 hours. Enjoy!
- Add the chopped onions to the crock pot first so they get super soft and almost disappear as the ribs cook.
- Choose country ribs that have a nice amount of marbling for the juiciest, most tender ribs.
- Start these ribs early before work so you have a delicious meal for dinner!
- For a kick of extra flavor and heat, try adding diced jalapenos to the recipe.
- You can use your favorite brand and variety of BBQ sauces for this recipe.
- I love using Coke, but you can use any dark pop that you prefer.
The main difference is that country style ribs aren’t actually ribs. Rather, they are strips of meat cut from the shoulder area of the pig where the loin meets the shoulder. Although they aren’t really ribs, their flavor and texture is almost identical to true ribs that come from the rib cage of the pig.
Ribs don’t have to be covered with liquid in a slow cooker to cook properly. They actually only need a small amount of liquid to help them cook. However, most crock pot rib recipes have far more liquid in them than that. This is because most rib recipes like this cook the ribs directly in a BBQ sauce mixture.
Yes. Just like traditional ribs, the longer country style ribs cook over low heat, the more the collagen and fat in the meat breaks down. This increases the tenderness and juiciness of the meat.
Pork ribs come in three basic cuts. They are back ribs, spare ribs, and country style ribs.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Ribs
Refrigerate these ribs for up to 4 days in an airtight container. For longer storage, you can freeze them for up to 3 months in an airtight, freezer-safe container.
To reheat the ribs, place them in a baking dish along with the BBQ sauce, cover them, and bake them at 350 until heated through.
Try This Delicious Crock Pot Country Style Pork Ribs Recipe Today
These crock pot country style pork ribs are incredibly easy to make and absolutely delicious. These ribs cook up tender and juicy in the crock pot, and the BBQ sauce is kicked up with onions and garlic, and a finishing touch of Coke for even more flavor and subtle sweetness. Give this recipe a try, and I know it will become a new favorite for you!
More Delicious Pork Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Crock Pot Country Style Pork Ribs
- In a large crock pot, add onions, pork shoulder strips, garlic salt, pepper, coke and BBQ sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 6-7 hours.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.