Our brand new home in Texas has been completed and we are finally all moved in. We had both my daughters and son-in-law over for Sunday dinner, made their favorite meal ever, and enjoyed spending mealtime together. A new Sunday tradition is about to begin, dinner at mom’s house. This loaded baked potato casserole was the first recipe made in my huge spacious kitchen and I cannot wait to share it with all of you. Loaded with tender bite size chunks of potatoes, creamy sour cream, gobs of cheddar cheese, green onions and crispy bacon, this casserole is a delicious side dish that everyone will love.
Baked Potato Casserole Loaded with Cheese
Loaded baked potatoes are a family favorite and now can be enjoyed as a casserole which is perfect to serve for the holidays. This loaded baked potato casserole will make Thanksgiving dinner or Christmas dinner that much more enjoyable. Definitely will be one of the first to go, they’re that good.
Baked Potato Casserole Recipes
Having a delicious potato casserole recipe that goes with almost every meal is an added plus. This loaded baked potato casserole is a delicious comfort food recipe at it best. We love potatoes and this is such a delicious and filling potato recipe the whole family will enjoy.
Easy Potato Casserole
This is an easy potato casserole recipe. Just look at this yumminess! So full of delicious flavor in every bite. Add an additional dollop of sour cream for even more deliciousness.
Ingredients Needed For This Potato Casserole Recipe
- Russet potatoes
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese
- Green onions
- Salt and pepper
How To Make Loaded Baked Potato Casserole
Basically, preheat oven to 400° and spray a baking dish with non stick spray, set aside. Bake potatoes for an hour. Remove and once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, remove most of the skin. Cut into bite size pieces and add to a large mixing bowl. Stir in butter, sour cream, three cups of shredded cheese, onions and bacon, then top with remaining cheese. Optional: top with additional onions and bacon for garnish. Spoon back into the casserole dish, cover with foil and bake until cheese has melted and potatoes are super tender. That’s it, then enjoy with your favorite meal!
Try This Delicious Side Dish Recipe Today
And, here are a few more delicious potato recipes that can be found on the blog.
- Cheesy Garlic Scalloped Potatoes
- Kielbasa Potato Salad
- The Best Mashed Potato
- Cheesy Potato Casserole Bake
- Cheesy Breakfast Potatoes with Crispy Bacon, plus many more.
Loaded Baked Potato Casserole
- Preheat oven to 400° and spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with a non stick spray, set aside.
- Rinse each potato and pierce multiple times with a fork. Place potatoes in baking dish. Cover entire baking dish with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- While the potatoes are baking, fry up the bacon, then crumble and set aside.
- Once potatoes are fork tender, remove from oven and let cool until potatoes are able to be handled safely.
- Remove most of the skin from each potato, cut potatoes into small chunks and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add butter, sour cream, sharp cheddar, bacon, green onions, salt and pepper (saving a little cheese, onions and bacon for garnish). Stir.
- Place into a 9 x 13 baking dish sprayed with a non stick spray (can use the same dish the potatoes were baked in), then cover with foil and bake for an additional 30-45 minutes or so.
These pics are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions