Cheesy Potato Casserole Bake
This cheesy potato casserole bake is the perfect side dish. The flavor is amazing and all the delicious cheese makes this potato dish one that your family will want over and over again. There is just something about mixing cream cheese and sour cream together, topped with cheddar cheese, YUM.
What a great dish to change up the normal potato recipe. Green onions just top off this cheesy potato casserole bake. If you love the delicious taste of green onions, feel free to add a bit more than the recipe calls for. You won’t be sorry. Only more flavor.
Incredible Side Dish
I cannot tell you all how wonderful this cheesy potato casserole bake is. Just flat-out DELICIOUS! Start out my adding mushroom soup, sour cream, cream cheese, butter, green onions, garlic salt and pepper together in a medium mixing bowl, stir until combined. Cut the potatoes into small chunks, boil until soft, but still a bit firm, drain and then gently add the potatoes to the creamy mixture! Gently stir to coat and place into a 3 quart baking dish, bake for 40+ minutes, top with the remaining cheese and serve! So delish!
I love having a new take on potatoes. If you are a lover of potatoes, this is definitely one that you will want to make. With the holidays coming up, this cheesy potato casserole bake is a perfect, hearty, side dish and a family favorite in our house. So creamy and cheesy.
Filling and satisfying is how I would also describe these potatoes. Very rich and cheesy. If you do not care for mushrooms, use cream of chicken soup instead.
Try this cheesy potato casserole bake today
I hope you all enjoy this cheesy potato casserole bake as much as we do.
Here are a few more delicious potato recipes you can find on the blog: Cheesy Garlic Scalloped Potatoes, Kielbasa Potato Salad, The Best Mashed Potatoes, Red Potato Salad and these tasty appetizers, Bite-Size Hassleback Potatoes, plus many more. Check em’ out.
Cheesy and Delicious
Cheesy Potato Casserole Bake
- 7-8 russet potatoes, peeled, cubed small (8 cups)
- 1 10 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tbs butter
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup green onions
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray a 3 qt baking dish with a non stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring 8-10 cups of water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir mushroom soup, sour cream, cream cheese, butter, green onions, garlic salt and pepper together until combined.
- Add 2 cups of the grated cheese and stir.
- Gently stir in potatoes and mix gently until well coated.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes or until hot throughout.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese.
- Once melted, top with additional green onions, optional.
So, if you love to pin on Pinterest, here are a few pictures that are the perfect size for pinning to your Pinterest boards!
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words. Also, make sure to link back to this post for the original recipe.