This lasagna pasta is a quick and easy, one-pot meal. Traditionally, lasagna is made with layered textures, and this recipe is just as delicious and less time-consuming. It is made with deliciously seasoned ground beef, mozzarella cheese, mini penne pasta, which cooks quickly and evenly in the sauce, which is rich in flavor. This delicious and hearty pasta makes the perfect weeknight meal the whole family will enjoy.
I love lasagna. All those layers of noodles, meaty sauce, and cheese are just heaven. BUT sometimes, I don’t want to go through all the work of par-boiling the noodles, making the sauce and cheese mixture separately, and then layering everything. I just want to eat! That’s why I love making this lasagna pasta. It’s a dish that I made for years when my kids lived at home, and I still make it to this day for me and my guy. It delivers all the flavors of classic lasagna, but it’s far less work. And whether you live alone or have a family, that’s always a great thing!
This delicious recipe starts with browned ground beef, onions, and garlic. Then, I add tomato sauce, tomato paste, vegetable broth, and heavy cream to create a rich, creamy tomato meat sauce. Finally, I add pasta and cook until tender, then stir in mozzarella cheese. That’s it! It’s a simple, one pot pasta dish that tastes almost exactly like lasagna, but there are far fewer steps involved!
Why You’ll Love This Lasagna Pasta Recipe
- It’s the perfect weeknight meal because it can be made in less than an hour, and it’s made in one pan which makes clean-up a breeze.
- It uses simple ingredients that are most likely in your pantry, and it is a budget-friendly recipe.
- It’s hearty and delicious, filling and satisfying, packed with flavor and the leftovers are just as delicious.
Lasagna Pasta Ingredients
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this delicious recipe. You probably have most of the ingredients you need in your kitchen right now, and anything you don’t have can be found in one quick trip to your grocery store.
- Ground beef
- Medium onion,
- Cloves garlic
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Tomato sauce
- Crushed tomatoes
- Vegetable broth
- Heavy cream
- Mozzarella cheese
- Mini penne pasta
How to Make Lasagna Pasta
Making this recipe is absolutely as easy as it gets. It’s a quick and easy one pot meal that anyone can make, and you’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time!
Step 1: Cook the Beef, Onions, and Garlic
Cook the ground beef and onions in oil, in a Dutch oven, over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink and the onions are translucent. Then, add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Drain and return to the skillet.
Step 2: Make the Sauce
Add the seasonings and stir to combine. Then, add the tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, broth, and heavy. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Step 3: Finish the Pasta
Add pasta and half the shredded cheese. Cook for 15 minutes. Then, stir, cover with the remaining mozzarella cheese, and serve when the cheese is melted.
- Only simmer your sauce. If you boil it, the cream will curdle.
- Place a lid on your pot after adding the cheese to trap the heat and help it melt.
- Short pasta noodles are best for this recipe.
- You can omit the heavy cream and add ricotta or cottage cheese at the end. Just stir it in before topping with mozzarella.
- Try topping the dish with a mix of mozzarella and parmesan for even more lasagna flavor.
- You can use ground turkey or Italian sausage if you prefer.
What to Serve with Lasagna Pasta
Just like lasagna, this pasta dish is hefty and hearty. I recommend keeping things simple and serving it with garlic bread and a salad.
Lasagna pasta is a one-pot pasta dish that mimics the flavors of lasagna but requires a fraction of the effort.
You can store leftover pasta dishes in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, on average.
This pasta dish reheats very well, so you can make it ahead of time and simply reheat it on the stove.
Yes, you can. This dish freezes well and will last for up to 3 months in the freeze when stored properly.
How to Store and Reheat Lasagna Pasta Leftovers
Refrigerate this pasta for up to 4 days in an airtight container. For longer storage, freeze it for up to 3 months in an airtight, freezer-safe container.
To reheat the pasta, cook it over medium-low heat in a pot until heated through.
Try this Easy Lasagna Pasta Recipe Today
This lasagna pasta is quick, easy, and absolutely delicious. It’s a super hearty dish that will feed an entire family and makes a great addition to any potluck. With all that flavor and ease, how could you not make this one? Give it a try, and I know it will become your new favorite pasta recipe. I know it’s one of mine!
More Delicious Pasta Recipes You’ll Enjoy
This Italian Pasta Penne Casserole is a deliciously, cheesy pasta recipe made with ground beef, seasonings, penne pasta, and lots of shredded mozzarella cheese. A favorite pasta recipe the whole family will enjoy.
Lasagna Pasta (Easy One Pot Meal)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 15 ounce tomato sauce
- 15 ounce crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 16 ounce mini penne pasta
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, over medium heat, add olive oil.
- Add ground beef and onions to the skillet once the oil is hot, and cook until the meat is no longer pink and the onions are translucent. Add garlic and cook for an additional two minutes. Drain and return to the skillet.
- Sprinkle the seasonings over the meat mixture, stir to combine.
- Pour tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, broth, and heavy cream into the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add pasta and half the shredded cheese. Cook for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir, cover with the remaining shredded mozzarella cheese. Serve once cheese is melted.
Follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media. Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest.