Bite-Size Hasselback Potatoes
Aren’t these little bite-size hasselback potatoes cute? These make for a great conversation when placed on the appetizer table. Each potato is loaded with cheese and bacon, then topped with sour cream, green onions and if desired, jalapeños. Just pop these in your mouth and enjoy the amazing creamy flavor of these tiny baked potatoes.
With the big game approaching, these bite-size hasselback potatoes will be perfect to serve to your guests. Besides being so stinkin’ cute, these are super delicious.
These bite-size goodies are easy to make, a bit time-consuming, but worth every minute.
Rub each potato with some vegetable oil, slice each one approximately 8 times, making sure not to slice all the way through. Bake for about 40 minutes. Remove from the oven, stuff with bacon and cheese then pop ’em back into the oven to finish baking.
If you want only cheese, just add sliced pieces of your favorite cheese like the picture above, and if you are wanting bacon, add bacon in between the sliced cheese. Either way, these little gems are delicious!
Any kind of cheese works well with this recipe. Just slice to fit and stuff to fill.
Once the potatoes have finished baking, top with your favorite toppings like sour cream, green onions and jalapeños. Salsa and cilantro are also favorite toppings as well.
Having a variety of appetizers makes game day more enjoyable. We love to have lots of choices for our guests. Bite-size hasselback potatoes are definitely a hit and will be gobbled up in no time.
Try these bite-size hasselback potatoes today
A perfect appetizer
Bite-Size Hasselback Potatoes
- 30-35 Classic Baby Creamers® potatoes
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 Tbs salt
- Cheddar cheese, or your favorite cheese cut thin to fit in potatoes
- 12-15 slices bacon, cut each slice into 4 pieces, then after cooking, cut each piece in half
- Rinse and dry off potatoes.
- Rub vegetable oil on each potato and place each potato between 2 kitchen knives or anything that when you slice the potatoes, the knife will not go all the way through (I used my kitchen knives and laid them flat and the potato is place in between).
- Slice each potato approximately 7-8 times, making sure not to cut all the way through then place on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.
- Preheat oven to 400° when potatoes are almost done being sliced.
- Once all the potatoes are sliced, place in oven and bake for about 40 minutes.
- While potatoes are baking, fry bacon until crispy. Remove from pan and place on plate lined with paper towels. Cut each piece of bacon in half so that it will fit into the potato and slice cheese to fix as well.
- Remove potatoes from oven and place a small slice of cheese, then bacon alternating with cheese and bacon until all potato slices are filled. Repeat with remaining potatoes.
- Once potatoes are filled, place back in the oven for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove and top with sour cream, green onions and cilantro.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.