Talk about an absolutely incredible pasta dish, this is it! This pasta recipe has been in our family for about 30 years and is definitely a family favorite. If you love pasta, then you should definitely add this to your dinner rotation. A comfort food that has a wonderful mix of flavors, from the spices, to the sausage, to all the melted cheese. Farfalle with sausage is absolutely amazing.
Easy Farfalle Recipe
This easy pasta recipe is a favorite among our family. I recently asked my youngest daughter, Halie, if she could eat any type of food, from any restaurant, or from any place, what would it be? She said, “Your pasta!” I’m telling you all, this is super delish.
Sometimes I will substitute sweet Italian sausage, instead of hot Italian sausage, to give this delicious pasta recipe a different taste. When making a large amount, you can double the recipe and use both types of sausage. Or just add double the sausage which we do all the time. Our favorite is the hot Italian sausage although it’s not very spicy at all. Also, if you want to increase the heat, add a bit of crushed red pepper flakes along with the oregano and basil and that will definitely spice it up.
Ingredients For Farfalle with Sausage
- Italian sausage, hot or sweet
- Diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Mozzarella cheese, freshly shredded
- Farfalle “Bowtie” pasta
How To Make Farfalle with Sausage
Step 1 – Cooking the Sausage
Remove sausage from casing and add to large skillet or saucepan. Crumble sausage and cook over medium high heat until no longer pink. Drain grease, reserving 2 tablespoons. Set sausage aside. Add reserved grease to pan, add chopped onions and garlic and sauté until translucent.
Pour diced tomatoes into skillet with onions and garlic. Sprinkle oregano and basil, salt and pepper into tomato mixture. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add sausage back to skillet and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Cook pasta according to package directions in a large pot. Drain, rinse with hot water and add back to large pot. Mix sausage and tomato mixture into pot with pasta, stir. Add shredded mozzarella cheese to pot and mix until well combined. Serve with side salad, garlic bread or enjoy by itself.
Try This Farfalle With Sausage Today
Try This Delicious Italian Sausage Pasta Recipe Today
Looking for More Pasta Recipes
Here are a few more delicious pasta recipes that can be found on the blog:
Classic Lasagna – This easy lasagna recipe is the ultimate comfort food. Loaded with a delicious meat sauce and lots of cheese, this classic lasagna is also a family favorite that I’ve been making for over 30+ years.
Bow Tie Pasta Lasagna – Another delicious pasta recipe using farfalle pasta with all the flavors of classic lasagna in a casserole. Delicious, cheesy and comfort food at its best.
Million Dollar Pasta Bake – Loaded with deliciously seasoned ground beef, elbow macaroni, mozzarella cheese, sour cream, cream cheese and more, and is a hearty and delicious meal the whole family is going to love!
Cheesy Hamburger Pasta – A quick and easy, delicious and cheesy, ground beef recipe with penne pasta, lots of cheese, seasoned perfectly and can be on the table in approximately 30 minutes.
Farfalle with Sausage
- Remove sausage from casing and add to large skillet.
- Cook over medium heat, crumble sausage and cook until no longer pink.
- Drain grease, reserving 2 tablespoons. Set sausage aside.
- Add reserved grease to pan, add chopped onions and garlic, sauté until translucent.
- Pour diced tomatoes into skillet with onions and garlic.
- Sprinkle oregano and basil, salt and pepper into the tomato mixture. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add sausage back to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta, in a large pot, according to package directions.
- Drain, rinse with hot water and add back to large pot.
- Mix sausage and tomato mixture into pot with pasta, stir.
- Add shredded mozzarella cheese to pot and mix until combined.
- Serve with salad, garlic bread, or just by itself.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.