Bow Tie Pasta Lasagna
This is a delicious tasting, easy, homemade lasagna that uses bow tie pasta instead of lasagna noodles. Loaded with gobs of cheese and spiced with just the right amount of seasoning, this bow tie pasta lasagna will be requested over and over again. An easy, go-to, perfect weeknight recipe. This bow tie pasta lasagna uses the same ingredients that are in my Classic Lasagna except the pasta is different. You can substitute any style pasta in this recipe for lasagna noodles.
Who doesn’t love a delicious tasting homemade pasta dish? If you are like me, anything pasta is to die for, especially if there is a ton of cheese in it like right here!
Having gobs of cheese is ideal when making this recipe! When spooning this bow tie pasta lasagna into a bowl, or onto a plate, you will see the cheese doing what it does best in a recipe like this. Ooey, gooey cheesy goodness! Yum!
Making this bow tie pasta lasagna isn’t hard. It’s an easy, go-to, Italian recipe that everyone loves and is another family favorite around our house. It’s easy to make and tastes AMAZING! Even the little kiddos will love this meal. The mini bow tie pasta I used is the perfect size for even the littlest eaters.
Loaded with gobs of cheese
Tasty and delicious is how I would describe this meal! Just add a salad and some garlic bread and you will have yourself an amazing dinner! This makes great leftovers too! Me and my leftovers! Like I’ve said in my last post, I cook so much food and always have leftovers. The girls at work are going to love this when I go back!
I hope you all enjoy this bow tie pasta lasagna!
Try this today!
Bow Tie Pasta Lasagna
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 12 oz can tomato pasta
- 1 15 oz can water
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 24 oz cottage cheese, or Ricotta cheese
- 2 lbs mozzarella cheese, grated
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 16 oz box mini farfalle, bow tie pasta
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with a non stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onions over medium heat.
- Sprinkle garlic salt, salt and pepper on ground beef while cooking.
- Cook ground beef until done. Drain fat. Return to pan.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, oregano, basil to meat mixtures. Stir until combined.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 20-25 minutes.
- In a large pot, add water and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain, rinse pasta. Set aside.
- Spoon ⅓ of the meat mixture in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Add ½ of pasta to cover meat mixture.
- Spoon ½ of cottage cheese and cover pasta.
- Sprinkle ⅓ of grated mozzarella cheese over the top of cottage cheese.
- Next spread another ⅓ of meat mixture, Parmesan cheese, remaining pasta, remaining cottage cheese, ⅓ mozzarella cheese in that order.
- Lastly, add remaining meat mixture, and remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil. Place in oven for 1 hour. Remove foil and cook for additional 15-20 minutes until heated through.
Here are a couple pins that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words. Also, make sure to link back to this post for the original recipe.