These rib eye street tacos are scrumptious and made with our leftover rib eye roast from Christmas dinner. We had a wonderful dinner and with the leftovers, we made these delicious street tacos, some cheesy rib eye enchiladas, and a rib eye hash brown egg bake, both of which will be posted on the blog a little later.
Beef Street Tacos
Street tacos can be made with all varieties of meats, from beef to chicken to pork and even shrimp. We always seem to have so much rib eye left over after our Christmas dinner (and it could be because the rib eye roast was 13 pounds this year). Having leftovers is one thing I look forward to with all the holidays. Being able to make other delicious meals for my family out of one meal is ideal.
How To Make Street Tacos
Start out by cutting the leftover rib eye into small pieces. Any leftover steak or chicken works with this recipe. Add the meat to a baggie, add seasoning, juices and marinate if time permits. However, this rib eye street tacos recipe was a quick and easy recipe and there was no time to wait. And in that case, heat oil in a cast iron pan and add meat. Sprinkle with seasoning, add juices and cook on medium letting the juice reduce a bit. Heat up the corn tortillas once the meat is heated thoroughly. Spoon meat onto the corn tortillas, top with onions and cilantro and enjoy. Pretty easy.
We like a little heat to our street tacos and added green pepper hot sauce along with Queso Asadero cheese. Street tacos can be made many different ways and when there is leftover meat, make street tacos.
These street tacos taste delicious and are always a favorite. We just moved into a new home and construction is still going on all around our area. There are a few taco trucks that park right outside our house at times during breakfast and lunch for the construction workers. It’s so nice to just go to the taco truck and get a delicious breakfast burrito or at lunch, get some authentic street tacos. So good. We like making our own but we’ve had plenty of curbside purchases lately. We will definitely miss the taco trucks once all the houses are built around us.
If you are a lover of rib eye, and a lover of tacos, you will definitely love these rib eye street tacos.
Try These Delicious Rib Eye Street Tacos Today
Hey taco lovers, here are a few more taco recipes that are on the blog: Salsa Verde Pork Tacos, BBQ Pulled Pork Tacos, Cheesy Sausage Egg Breakfast Tacos, BBQ Brisket Tacos, Black Eyed Tacos, plus many more delicious recipes.
Rib Eye Street Tacos
- 3 cups leftover rib eye, cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 cup white onions, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 24 corn tortillas, street taco size
- Optional: Cholula green pepper hot sauce, lime slices and Queso Asadero cheese, grated
- In a large cast iron pan, or large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Cut leftover rib eye roast into small pieces and place into a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with cumin, garlic salt and pepper. Stir.
- Add meat mixture to pan along with orange juice and lime juice. Stir and cook until heated thoroughly, and juice reduces down a bit, about 7-10 minutes
- Heat tortillas in a frying pan then add meat mixture to center of a double tortilla, add onions and cilantro.
- Top with Cholula green pepper sauce if desired along with the juice of from a lime wedge and a bit of queso asadero cheese.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.