Rib Eye Breakfast Empanadas
Are you ready to take your breakfast game to a whole other level? These Rib Eye Breakfast Empanadas are delicious, unique, and about to make morning time the best time of the day, ever.
We all know that breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day but who says it constantly has to be just bacon and eggs over and over again? If you’re craving something just a tad bit different to kick off your morning routine, why not treat yourself to a homemade breakfast empanada instead? It’s packed full of flavor and certain to keep you full until the next time you’re ready to eat again.
Are these Rib Eye Breakfast Empanadas spicy?
They do have a little bit of heat to them but that can be altered to your liking and taste buds. This recipe can easily bring on the heat but it doesn’t have to if you don’t want it to.
Just leave out the added ingredients of crushed red peppers and make certain that the Rotel that you’re using isn’t of the spicy kind. Once you do that, you’re golden (and if someone wants to make it spicy then they can add on some spicy toppings to their own once they’re done cooking).
Is there a way to make this recipe gluten-free?
If you can find (or make) a gluten-free pie crust, yes! That’s really all you’d have to worry about changing up. Just make certain all the other ingredients are okay for your dietary needs and you can enjoy this recipe just like those who aren’t living a gluten-free life.
Some people also choose to eat low carb and that can be a modification for this recipe as well. Although it will change it from an empanada to a bowl, you can still have all the same tastes and flavors but just without the crust.
What toppings would go well with this Rib Eye Breakfast Empanada recipe?
Some people love toppings, some people don’t. I am a big fan of adding toppings onto everything so for me, this is a no-brainer. You can add in some fresh jalapeños, even more cheese, or a little bit of sour cream as well. And if you happen to have fresh cilantro or even some chives, those are always an awesome addition as well.
The easiest way to let everyone decorate and top their own empanadas is to have all the options and choices set out in little bowls so that they can see all the options. That way they can add on the toppings that they want and just pass over the ones that they have no interest in. Easy peasy, right?
Can you make these Rib Eye Breakfast Empanadas ahead of time?
If you want to meal prep and plan a little bit, you can. You can create them the night before and have them ready to pop in the oven in the morning. That way you don’t have to get up super early when you don’t have energy and only have to preheat the oven to cook. Plus, the smells can then wake everyone up in the house and lead them straight to the breakfast table!
If you’re looking for a delicious and unique recipe to start your day, you’re going to have luck with these Rib Eye Breakfast Empanadas. They’re simple to make and taste so delicious, you just might find yourself having the leftovers for lunch and dinner as well. (and that’s totally okay! They’re just that good!)
Give your morning routine a shake-up and whip these up instead. Your family and tummy will thank you!
Ingredients Needed for Breakfast Empanadas
- Leftover rib eye steak, roast, prime rib, steak or even sausage
- Green onions
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cheddar cheese or Pepper Jack cheese
- Garlic salt, pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Pie Crust
(Actual measurements and directions are in the recipe card below.)
Try These Delicious Breakfast Beef Empanadas with Leftover Rib Eye Today
Here are a few more delicious breakfast recipes that can be found on the blog:
- Cheesy Sausage Hash Brown Casserole
- Cheesy Sausage Egg Breakfast Tacos
- One Skillet Italian Sausage Scramble
- Bacon Breakfast Roll Ups
Rib Eye Breakfast Empanadas
For The Ribeye Empanadas
For The Egg Wash
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp water
- Using a large skillet over medium high heat, add rib eye, eggs, Rotel®, onion and seasonings, stir.
- Cook until eggs are almost done. Remove from heat and sprinkle both types of cheese over the egg mixture. Stir.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each pie crust a couple times and using a 4 inch bowl turned upside down, cut out three empanadas. With the remainder crust, roll for one more empanada.
- Using your fingers, lightly add water around the edges to help secure empanadas closed.
- Add a couple spoonfuls of mixture to the center and fold pie crust over, using a fork to secure the edges.
- Place empanadas on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg with 1 tablespoon of water and brush with the egg wash over the empanada dough.
- Place in the oven and bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Optional: top with sour cream, salsa.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.