These bacon breakfast roll ups are a simple and perfect way to change up breakfast. Made with an Applewood bacon wrap, then loaded with avocados, sour cream, sliced green onions, scrambled eggs, and cheese.
For a protein-packed start to the day, you can’t beat these roll ups. They’re loaded with as much flavor as they are with protein, and they’re so easy to make. I’m a big fan of this recipe because it’s so hearty, easy, and full of flavor. Unlike many of my recipes, I haven’t been making this one for very long, but I love it so much, I knew I had to share it with all of you. I’ve been making these roll ups a lot lately because they make such a substantial breakfast, and I can reheat them for dinner or snacks the next day. They have every delicious flavor that you could think of for breakfast!
Bacon Breakfast Roll Ups
These delicious roll ups start with bacon that’s pan-fried until crispy but still flexible. You have to wrap the ingredients up, after all. Then, I combine scrambled eggs, sliced avocados, seasonings, and sour cream and wrap it all up in the bacon. After that, these roll ups are served with more green onions and sour cream. It all comes together to create a hearty breakfast that’s full of flavor and protein and so easy to make!
Why You’ll Love These Bacon Roll Ups
- They’re a hearty, delicious breakfast loaded with Applewood bacon, scrambled eggs, sliced avocados, shredded cheese, sour cream, and green onions.
- It’s wrapped in a crispy bacon “blanket” that’s absolutely delicious.
- It uses simple ingredients that are easily found at the local grocery store.
- Fry the bacon until it’s crisp but still flexible. That’s important. You want the bacon flexible for wrapping. Otherwise, it will break.
- Don’t slice the avocados until you’re ready to use them so they don’t turn brown.
- Always fry bacon on medium heat so it can crisp without burning.
Variations and Mix-Ins
- Try adding cooked sausage to the mix.
- Use any of your favorite shredded cheeses in this recipe.
- Full-fat Greek yogurt can be used in place of sour cream. They taste almost the same.
- You can use your favorite variety of bacon for this recipe.
- Add diced bell peppers for more flavor.
What to Serve with Bacon Breakfast Roll Ups
This delicious recipe is a full meal on its own, but for a larger spread, you can pair it with tasty breakfast items like:
- Biscuits and gravy
- Hash browns
- Home fries
Why do we eat bacon for breakfast?
It all comes down to marketing. In the 1920s, the Beech-Nut Packing Company hired Edward Bernays to promote bacon and eggs for breakfast. It finally caught on, but before that marketing push bacon wasn’t actually a breakfast item.
Can breakfast roll ups be made ahead of time?
These should be made fresh when ready to serve. While they can be reheated, they’re never as good as they are when they’re freshly made and hot.
How long will leftovers last in the fridge?
You can store these for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
Can you freeze these bacon breakfast roll ups?
Absolutely. They can be frozen for up to 3 months.
How to Store and Reheat Bacon Breakfast Roll Ups
Store these in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container. For longer storage, wrap each roll up in a double layer of plastic wrap, then place them in an airtight, freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months.
To reheat these, place them on a baking sheet lined with foil and heat at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes until heated through.
Bacon Breakfast Roll Ups Ingredients
It only takes a handful of simple ingredients to make these delicious roll ups. You’ll find everything you need easily at your local grocery store.
- Applewood bacon
- Large eggs
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Red pepper flakes
- Black pepper
- Large avocados
- Sour cream
- Green onions
How to Make Bacon Breakfast Roll Ups
Making these roll ups is pretty much like making any other bacon and egg breakfast. It only takes a few simple steps to make!
Step 1: Fry the Bacon
Weave 12 bacon slices like a basket in a large skillet or frying pan, with 6 pieces placed horizontally and 6 placed vertically. Then, fry the bacon over medium heat until crispy but flexible, turning a couple of times while cooking. Remove the woven bacon piece and place it on a plate lined with paper towels.
Step 2: Cook the Egg
While the bacon is frying, combine the eggs, red pepper flakes, and black pepper and scramble. Then, top them with the grated cheese and let it melt.
Step 3: Construct the Roll Ups
Place the bacon on a serving plate. Then, slice the avocados and green onions and add half of each to the top of the bacon. Spoon about half the sour cream on top of the avocado and onions and top with the scrambled eggs and cheese. Sprinkle the entire thing with the remaining green onions, roll up the bacon around the filling, and cut it into 4 pieces. Top with remaining sour cream and avocado slices and enjoy.
Try These Delicious Bacon Breakfast Roll Ups Today
These bacon breakfast roll ups are the perfect way to start the day. Loaded with eggs, cheese, bacon, avocado, onions, and sour cream, these aren’t a breakfast, they’re a breakFEAST. The best part is that they require just about the same amount of effort it takes to make a traditional eggs and bacon breakfast. Give this one a try, and I know it will become a regular part of your breakfast rotation.
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Breakfast Sliders – Made with scrambles eggs, sausage patties and homemade sausage gravy in between Hawaiian rolls and baked. So hearty and delicious.
Fried Egg Grilled Cheese Sandwich – A delicious breakfast sandwich that combines two classic favorites, fried egg sandwiches and grilled cheese into one hearty and delicious breakfast treat.
Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole – This casserole is loaded with scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, sausage, cheese and tater tots. Always a favorite.
And, here is a Crescent Roll Breakfast from Deliciously Seasoned. It’s loaded with bacon, eggs, and cheese stuffed into crescents and baked to golden perfection.
Bacon Breakfast Roll Ups
- 12 slices Applewood bacon
- 6 large eggs, whisked
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 avocados, sliced
- ½ cup sour cream, divided
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In a large frying pan, lay 6 slices of bacon side by side, then lay the remaining 6 slices in the opposite directions on top and weave over and under each piece of bacon.
- Turn flame to medium heat and fry bacon until crispy (but still flexible/rollable), turning (with a long spatula and tongs) a couple times while cooking.
- Once cooked, carefully remove bacon and place on paper towels.
- While bacon is frying, scramble the eggs, with the crushed red peppers and pepper until cooked, then top with grated cheese and let melt.
- Slice avocados and green onions, set aside.
- Place bacon on serving plate, add sliced avocados then half of the green onions.
- Next, spoon about half of the sour cream on top and then add the scramble eggs with cheese.
- Sprinkle with remaining green onions, roll up, cut into 4 pieces, top with remaining sour cream and avocado slices, if any are left.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.
Very yummy. I accidentally erased my pin though and had heck of a time trying to find it again. I finally found it at bottom of page after searching again (at least a few times and on google). Maybe make it easier to find….
i have tried these rolls today the taste was extremely delicious but the topping got broken …what could be the reason???
Great Grub, Delicious Treats
Hi Albert, you might have cooked the bacon too long. I’m glad you enjoyed this recipe though. :)