These breakfast sliders are a delicious addition to the breakfast menu. Made with scrambled eggs, sausage patties and homemade sausage gravy stuffed in between slider buns, baked and then brushed with melted butter. A favorite breakfast recipe I hope your family will enjoy as much as mine does.
I love sliders, and I love breakfast sandwiches. Both of them make great meals, and they’re so much fun to eat in addition to being so tasty. I’ve been making both for years. I love to make sliders for dinner or to bring to special occasions or summer parties. Breakfast sandwiches are just a fantastic way to start the day. I love to make the with sausage, egg, and cheese and serve them on biscuits. I love both of these sandwich varieties so much, I thought, why not put them together? And that’s exactly what I did. Now, I have the ultimate breakfast sandwich that always satisfies and tastes so delicious.
Sausage, Eggs, and Gravy Breakfast Sliders
These sliders are more than a breakfast, they’re a breakFEAST. It starts with brioche slider buns. Then, I top them with spicy breakfast sausage patties, scrambled eggs, and delicious southern-style sausage gravy. Then it’s all baked for 15 minutes to golden, delicious perfection. What I end up with is a hearty breakfast that satisfies even the biggest eaters will all the great flavors we love in breakfast. You can’t beat them when it comes to breakfast sandwiches.
Why You’ll Love These Breakfast Sliders
- They’re filled with all your breakfast favorites like scrambled eggs, sausage patties, and homemade sausage gravy – all on slider buns.
- They make a hearty and delicious breakfast that’s great for a big weekend breakfast, brunch, or even a special holiday breakfast.
- They’re a favorite “breakfast for dinner” recipe.
Breakfast Sliders Tips and Variations
This recipe is super easy to make, so I don’t have a lot of tips. I do have some great variations so you can make the exact breakfast slider you’re craving, though.
- Be sure you spray your baking dish with nonstick spray so the buns don’t stick.
- I don’t recommend trying to use reduced-fat milk. The gravy won’t be as good. And let’s face it. This is not exactly a health-conscious recipe. Go for the flavor!
- Use mild sausage if you don’t like spicy food.
- Try adding cheddar cheese, Pepper Jack cheese or American cheese to these sliders.
- Switch out the sausage patties for cooked, crispy bacon strips.
- Make these sliders sweet and savory by dipping the buns in a French toast mixture.
What to Serve with Breakfast Sliders
These breakfast sliders have all our favorite breakfast ingredients packed right inside, but there’s just isn’t enough room to put everything in them. Pair your sliders with other breakfast favorites like:
- Breakfast potatoes
- Hash browns
Breakfast Sliders FAQ
The following FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions about breakfast sliders, so you’ll learn everything you need to know about this delicious breakfast recipe.
What is a breakfast slider?
A breakfast slider is any kind of breakfast sandwich served on slider buns. The buns are what make them sliders.
How do you keep sliders from getting soggy?
The two best ways to keep sliders from getting soggy are to serve them immediately, and if you aren’t able to do that, toast the buns. Toasting the buns helps combat any liquid in the ingredients that might leech into the bread.
How long will breakfast sliders last in the fridge?
These sliders will last for up to 3 days covered in the refrigerator.
Can you freeze breakfast sliders?
You absolutely can. All the individual parts of this recipe are freezer-friendly, so it’s easy to do. Simply place your sliders in an airtight container, freezer-safe container in a single layer and place a layer of cling wrap directly on top of them. Then, freeze for up to 3 months.
How to Store and Reheat Breakfast Slider Leftovers
Store them in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 3 days. For longer storage, you can freeze them for up to 3 months in an airtight, freezer-safe container. Just place them in a single layer and place a layer of cling wrap directly on top of them, seal the lid, and freeze.
To reheat these breakfast sliders, place them in a baking dish and cover them with foil. Then bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.
Breakfast Sliders Ingredients
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this recipe. You’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store.
- Large Eggs
- Sausage patties
- Hot and spicy breakfast sausage (or regular)
- All purpose flour
- Heavy cream
- Whole milk
- Black pepper
- Brioche sliders
- Butter, melted
How to Make Breakfast Sliders
Making these sliders is just as simple as the ingredient list. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time!
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then, line a 9×13 baking dish with aluminum foil, or parchment paper, and lightly spray it with cooking spray. Set aside.
Step 2: Make the Sausage Gravy
Crumble and cook the hot and spicy pork sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. Then, sprinkle the cooked sausage with flour and stir until all the sausage is coated. Add heavy cream and milk and whisk until well combined.
Step 3: Cook the Sausage
In a separate frying pan, cook the sausage patties and set them aside.
Step 4: Cook the Eggs
Spray the same pan with nonstick spray and scramble the eggs.
Step 5: Construct the Breakfast Sliders
Line the baking dish with the bottom half of the rolls. Place sausage patties on each bun followed by scrambled eggs and gravy. Top with the top buns.
Step 6: Bake
Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the sliders, brush the tops with melted butter, and enjoy!
Try This Delicious Breakfast Sliders Recipe Today
These breakfast sliders are a great new take on both sliders and breakfast sandwiches. The combination of brioche bread, sausage, eggs, and sausage gravy is enough to satisfy any breakfast lover. They’re also easy to make, which is a big bonus. Give these a try, and I know you’ll have them in your breakfast rotation from now on!
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Cheesy Sausage Hash Brown Casserole – This is a delicious recipe all in itself or as to make as a side to your favorite breakfast dish.
Fried Egg Grilled Cheese Sandwich – A quick, easy, and inexpensive sandwich that is made with a fried egg, and then cooked like a grilled cheese.
Beef Fajita Breakfast Scramble – A super flavorful and hearty breakfast scramble that has all the flavors of fajitas, in breakfast form.
And, these Hash Brown Breakfast Cups, from Deliciously Seasoned, make a great grab-n-go breakfast recipe the kids are going to love.
Breakfast Sliders with Scrambled Eggs, Sausage and Gravy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×13 baking dish with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, crumble and cook hot and spicy sausage.
- Sprinkle with flour and stir until all sausage is coated. Add heavy cream and milk and whisk until well combined.
- In a separate pan, cook sausage patties. Set aside.
- Spray that same pan with nonstick cooking spray, if needed, and cook eggs.
- Line the prepared baking dish with the bottom half of each brioche bun. Place sausage patties, followed by scrambled eggs, and top with gravy. Add the top buns on top of the gravy.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush with melted butter.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.