Cheesy Sausage Hash Brown Casserole Recipe
Want a delicious breakfast casserole for Christmas morning or any morning? Then this is it! Talk about a delicious addition for a great comfort meal, this cheesy sausage hash brown casserole is loaded with cheese, delicious sausage, creamy hash browns with a crunchy topping. Breakfast just got better with this tasty hash brown casserole.
Easy Hash Brown Casserole
The crunchy topping, mixed together with the cheesy sausage hash browns, tastes fantastic and will most likely be the first item on the plate to be gobbled up, they’re that good. Also, the sliced green onions as well as the diced green chiles gives this breakfast dish great flavor.
I usually use corn flakes in this recipe however, I ran out and ended up using grape nut flakes instead. SO DELICIOUS!!! So either of the two works for this cheesy hash brown casserole.
Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole
With each bite you will have an array of flavors and this breakfast casserole will definitely become a family favorite. Serve anytime, but it’s great when you can serve it up for a special holiday breakfast when family gets together, like Christmas morning.
Copycat Hash Brown Casserole
Another great idea is to top this cheesy sausage hash brown casserole with sausage gravy. Oh man, delicious! I hope you all enjoy my own take on Cracker Barrel’s™ hash brown casserole.
Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Ready to make this delicious breakfast casserole? This is one hashbrown casserole recipe everyone will be talking about, it’s that good.
Try this cheesy sausage hash brown casserole today!
And here are a few more breakfast recipes you can find on the blog: Fried Egg Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Mexican Hash Brown Sliders, Southwest Egg Bake, Banana Nut Filled Pancakes and how about a Sausage Scramble with Sausage Gravy, plus many more great recipes.
Hash Brown Casserole With Sausage
Cheesy Sausage Hash Brown Casserole
Hash Brown Mixture
- 30 oz bag shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 10.5 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated, divided
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red peppers, crushed a bit more
- 1 lb roll breakfast sausage, hot (I used Jimmy Dean)
- 2 cups grape nut flakes, lightly crushed (can use corn flakes)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray a 9x13 baking dish with a non stick spray.
- In a medium frying pan, cook breakfast sausage until browned, drain grease. Set aside.
For the Hash Brown Mixture
- Set frozen hash browns on countertop to defrost.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together, except hash browns and sausage. until combined (set aside 1 cup of the grated cheese which will be used for topping).
- Once combined, stir hash browns and then sausage into creamy mixture.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheese.
For the Crunchy Topping
- Mix grape nut flakes with melted butter and add to the hash brown mixture on top of the grated cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 30 minutes or so, until topping is lightly browned and hash browns are heated thoroughly.
Here are a few pics that are perfect for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.