Southwest Egg Bake
There is no better way to start your day then with a great breakfast. Making a delicious breakfast is something that my family enjoys, especially if it has all the fixins! This Southwest Egg Bake has it all, from the bacon and sausage, to the cheese and diced green chilies.
This is a simple breakfast to put together, and can feed “an army!” I actually made this for quite a few people and this is definitely a big breakfast. You can adjust the ingredients to fit your family’s needs.
As you can see, this is loaded with all sorts of goodies. Just cook up the bacon and sausage, mix up all the other ingredients and pop in the oven. Approximately an hour later, you will be putting some smiles on your family’s faces when you serve them this!
With each bite you will get a variety of flavor. This is great served with some country style potatoes, along with some country biscuits. Yum, this makes one delicious hearty meal! This would also be a great meal to serve for brunch.
So next time you are wanting a delicious hearty breakfast, make this wonderful southwest egg bake!
Southwest Egg Bake
- 24 oz sausage crumbled
- 8 slices of bacon crispy
- 15 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup diced green chilies
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large skillet, crumble sausage and cook until done. Drain grease and set aside.
- In another skillet, cook bacon until crispy, place on paper towel, pat off excess grease. Crumble after bacon has cooled.
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, milk, sour cream and seasonings. Whisk until well blended.
- Add cheddar cheese, diced green chilies, green onions until well combined.
- Add sausage and bacon to egg mixture.
- Pour into a greased 9 X 13 baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for approximately 55-60 minutes, or until eggs are done.
- Serve with hash browns, or country style potatoes.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.