This delicious Beef Fajita Breakfast Scramble is an incredibly delicious breakfast recipe and not what is typically on the breakfast menu. However, this delicious scramble has the unique blend of flavors of beef fajitas all wrapped up in a breakfast scramble that will be requested over and over again. An elevated simple recipe, this is a one pan meal that makes a great weekend breakfast or a fantastic brunch recipe.
Beef Fajita Breakfast Scramble
Breakfast gets forgotten or people eat cold cereal. And while there are times that cereal tastes like the best thing ever, if you want a better tasting, more filling, healthier option, you have to make this simple beef fajita breakfast scramble.
This breakfast is made in a skillet and only takes one pan. This makes clean up simple. Eat this breakfast today, save some for other easy grab and go breakfast ideas.
Is this a Healthy Breakfast?
I love this recipe as a healthy breakfast recipe. Scrambled eggs are considered a healthy breakfast option and skirt or flank steak is a lower fat, healthier cut of steak. Combine that with peppers and this becomes a healthy delicious breakfast that everyone will love.
Can I Make This Ahead
This is a breakfast that will taste best when it is made fresh. However, I love when I can make a breakfast that I can use later. This can be made and eaten on the first day, saving some to eat later in the week.
You can portion the leftovers to make it easy to eat for breakfast all week.
How to Store Leftover Breakfast Scramble?
If you have leftover Beef Fajita Breakfast Scramble, you want to make sure to store it in the refrigerator. This will keep the breakfast skillet fresh for a few days. You can store the leftovers together as a whole or you can section it into small single serving portions.
Can I Freeze Beef Fajita Breakfast Scramble
I love to freeze leftovers so that I can make sure it does not go bad and I know that I have an easy, no cook breakfast ready. I like to freeze my scramble in smaller portions, perfect for a single serve breakfast. Then I simply bring out the portion, heat it in the microwave and have a delicious, easy breakfast.
Can I Turn This Into a Grab and Go Breakfast
If you want to make this into a simple grab and go breakfast, you can take the scramble and then place some of it in a tortilla. Turn it into a burrito or a taquito style breakfast. I like to fill the tortilla and then grill the outsides so that it is nice and crispy. This makes it very easy to take as a grab and go meal.
You can make the burritos or taquitos ahead as well and reheat it when you are ready to serve it.
Ingredients To Make Beef Fajita Breakfast Scramble
- Skirt or flank steak
- Green, red and orange bell peppers
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Vegetable oil
- Garlic salt
- Chili powder
- Black pepper
- Crushed red peppers
- Lime juice
(Actual measurements are in the recipe card below.)
How To Make This Beef Fajita Breakfast Scramble
For The Marinade
- Add all seasonings, pepper and lime juice to a large sealable baggie. Seal and shake to combine.
- Place steak into baggie, seal, shake and then place into the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
Cooking The Fajitas
- Heat cast iron, or nonstick skillet, over medium high heat.
- Next, add 2 tablespoons of oil to pan and then add peppers and onions.
- Sauté until tender but still crisp then remove from skillet and place in a large bowl, set aside.
- Remove steak from baggie and place in hot skillet.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side for medium.
- Remove steak from skillet and place on cutting board.
- Cut against the grain and then cut into bite size pieces.
- Place steak into large bowl with peppers, stir and set aside.
- Add the eggs to skillet and cook until desired doneness.
- Next, add steak and peppers to scramble eggs, mix to combine and then add shredded cheese.
- Lastly, let the cheese melt, then enjoy!
Try This Delicious Breakfast Scramble Today
Here are a few more delicious breakfast recipes that can be found on the blog:
- Cheesy Sausage Hash Brown Casserole
- Fried Egg Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Southwest Egg Bake
- Hearty Breakfast Scramble
- 1½ lb skirt steak or flank steak
- 1 each green bell pepper, red and orange, stem, seeds removed, diced into small pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced into small pieces
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 12 large eggs
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp red crushed peppers
- ⅓ cup lime juice
Add cumin, garlic salt, chili powder, pepper and red crushed peppers into a large sealable baggie. Seal, shake to combine and then add lime juice. Shake to mix.
Place skirt steak into baggie, seal, shake and then place into the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
Heat cast iron skillet, or large frying pan, over high heat. Add two tablespoons of oil to pan and then add peppers and onions.
Sauté until tender but still crisp. Remove from skillet and place in large bowl and set aside.
Add remaining two tablespoons of oil into pan and heat over medium high heat.
Remove steak from baggie and place in hot skillet.
Cook 5-6 minutes on each side for medium. Remove from skillet and place on cutting board.
Remove from steak skillet and place on cutting board. Cut against the grain and then cut into bite size pieces.
Place steak into large bowl with peppers, stir and set aside.
Add whisked eggs to skillet. Cook until desired doneness.
Next, add steak and peppers to scrambled eggs, mix to combine.
Top with cheese, let melt and then enjoy!
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission.
If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words. Only list the ingredients and make sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.