Cheesy Sausage Egg Breakfast Tacos Recipe
These cheesy sausage egg breakfast tacos are perfect for breakfast and especially if you love tacos as much as we do. No need to wait until “Taco Tuesday” for these delicious tacos. Definitely a yummy breakfast treat that the whole family will enjoy.
Breakfast tacos are a delicious change from the standard breakfast meal. This breakfast taco recipe is loaded with two types of cheese, sausage and scrambled eggs, then topped with sour cream, diced avocados and tomatoes. Super delicious, and like I mention, a nice change from what usually is served for breakfast.
The flavor of the sausage mixed with the cheeses enhance the flavor of these tacos. The sour cream takes these tacos to another level. I had my daughter, Nikki, and son-in-law, Justin, over and it was mentioned by Justin that the sour cream is definitely a must. If you are a lover of sour cream, you know what I’m talking about.
Sausage and Egg Breakfast Tacos
Start out by frying the sausage until no longer pink and is cooked thoroughly. Drain grease and place in an oven safe bowl. Place in the oven on 170° to keep warm until ready to assemble the tacos. Peel and dice the potatoes, add them to a frying pan with heated oil. Throw in the chopped onions, garlic salt and pepper. Cook until soft and golden brown. While the potatoes are cooking, fry up the corn tortillas. Once done, place on a paper towel lined plate and place in the oven with the sausage. Whisk the eggs together and scramble in the sausage pan until done.
Cheesy Sausage and Egg Tacos
Once everything is cooked, add a spoonful of potatoes to the bottom of the corn tortilla. Next, add sausage, Jack cheese, scrambled eggs, pepper Jack cheese and then sour cream, avocados and tomatoes. Finally, enjoy!
Try These Cheesy Sausage Egg Breakfast Tacos Today
Here are a few more delicious breakfast recipes that can be found on the blog: Bacon Breakfast Roll Ups, Cheesy Sausage Hash Brown Casserole, One Skillet Italian Sausage Scramble, Fried Egg Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Southwest Egg Bake, plus lots more. Check out all of the delicious breakfast recipes.
Cheesy Sausage Egg Breakfast Tacos
- 2 12 oz sausage rolls, Jimmy Dean™ hot
- 12 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 4 potatoes, peeled, diced small
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup Jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup Pepper Jack cheese, grated
- 12-18 corn tortillas
- Vegetable oil
- Optional: sour cream, diced avocados, chopped tomatoes
- In a large frying pan, cook sausage until there is no pink and cooked thoroughly. Drain grease and add sausage to a medium oven safe bowl. Place in 170° oven to keep warm.
- In another frying pan, add about 1/4" of oil in bottom of pan. Heat over medium flame and once oil is hot, gently place potatoes and onions into pan. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Cook until potatoes are done and golden brown.
- Fry up the corn tortillas and place on a plate lined with paper towels and place in the oven until ready to fill.
- In the frying pan the sausage was cooked in, add eggs and scramble until done.
- To assemble the breakfast tacos, add a spoonful of potatoes in the bottom of the tortilla, followed by sausage, Jack cheese, scrambled eggs, Pepper Jack cheese then top with sour cream, avocados and tomatoes.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.