Hey all you chocolate lovers and chocoholics, this chocolate lover’s zucchini cake is definitely for you, and truly a chocolate lover’s dream!
This chocolate zucchini cake recipe is loaded with chocolaty yumminess. From the delicious moist chocolate cake, to the creamy chocolate frosting, this is one that will have you coming back for more. Even better, it has veggies. What’s better than that? Simple, delicious and healthy. Well, I consider it somewhat healthy, wink, wink.
Moist Chocolate Cake
There is so much chocolate to satisfy those cravings that seem to just creep up at the strangest times. I seriously want chocolate quite often, and this is definitely a yummy chocolate cake recipe that is easy to make, and one that will satisfy, whatever time of the day. So moist, so chocolaty, so delicious! Definitely a family favorite chocolate cake recipe the whole family will love and enjoy.
Delicious Chocolate Cake
Just look at all this chocolate goodness. This is a super moist cake and the zucchini adds more moisture making this one incredible chocolate cake recipe. Talk about heaven. This is so good and such a delicious chocolate cake the whole family will love. I could eat the whole cake. Well I say that, but it really is that good. I really wouldn’t eat the whole thing but….
I hope you enjoy this chocolate zucchini cake recipe as much as we do. Chocolate chips could also be added to make this decadent chocolate cake even that much more chocolaty. Yum!
Try this delicious chocolate lover’s zucchini cake today
Here are some other delicious chocolate recipes that can be found on the blog: Chocolate Cashew Brittle, Chocolate Avocado Zucchini Cake, Chocolate Zucchini Snack Cake, and a perfect fudge recipe, Chocolate Walnut Fudge.
Chocolate Lover's Zucchini Cake
For the Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/4 cups grated zucchini
For Chocolate Frosting
- 1 stick butter melted
- 2/3 Cup Cocoa
- 3 Cups Powder sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Chocolate Lover’s Zucchini Cake
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix sugar, oil, and eggs together until creamy.
- Add in vanilla, and mix until well combined.
- In a smaller bowl, stir flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, cinnamon, and salt together with a small whisk just to blend everything together.
- Add flour mixture in with the sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla. Mix well.
- Slowly mix in the milk.
- After everything is well combined, stir in the zucchini.
- Pour into bundt pan and bake for approximately 60 minutes.
- Cake will be done when tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- *Check cake at 50-55 minutes
- In a medium size mixing bowl, add melted butter. Mix in cocoa.
- Next add in some powder sugar and then milk, then some powder sugar then milk. Repeat until all is well mixed. Mix on low speed.
- After frosting is well blended, add in vanilla.
- Makes about 2 cups of frosting.
- Frost cake once cake has cooled.
Frosting from Hershey’s Cocoa.
Here are a couple of pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.