I had made a delicious chocolate zucchini cake late last summer and it was so tasty so I wanted to make another cake that was dairy free. This chocolate zucchini snack cake is just as delicious! There is no dairy, no eggs and is healthier for you. Well, everything is basically organic and plant-based. I’m super excited that you can’t even tell there is no milk or eggs in this delicious cake.
This chocolate zucchini snack cake is super moist and the vegan buttercream frosting just makes it all that more delicious! Since I am such a fan of buttercream frosting, I thought that I wouldn’t be able to eat it anymore when we switched over to the healthier lifestyle. Thank goodness for vegan butter! To make the pinkish frosting, I juiced a beet and added some of the juice to the frosting to give it the pinkish color. You cannot even taste the beets. So exciting!
To get the nice clean cuts of the cake and frosting, make sure the cake is cold and use a hot knife. Your frosting will come out nice and clean when you cut your cake. Make sure to heat up your knife by running it under hot water, then wiping off the water before slicing your cake. Repeat after each slice. You will have beautifully sliced pieces every time!
If you want a delicious tasting cake, then this is a great recipe! Give it a try today!
Chocolate Zucchini Snack Cake
For the Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°.
For the Cake
- Grease and flour a 8 x 8 inch baking dish (I used coconut oil, and whole wheat pasty flour).
- Whisk together all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla.
- Mix with a whisk or spatula until combined.
- Add zucchini and ¼ cup carob chips, stir.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with remaining carob chips.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.
For the Frosting
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat butter until fluffy.
- Carefully add powdered sugar, a little at a time, and beat on low until combined.
- Add vanilla and milk.
- Add beet juice, mix until desired color is obtained.
- Frost cake once cake has cooled.
Frosting adapted from Veganosity