Beef Fajita Breakfast Burritos are a delicious way to start your day. They are also perfect for feeding large groups of people, making them the perfect meal for Sunday morning football games or family gatherings. Here is how you can make Beef Fajita Breakfast Burritos at home!
Beef Fajita Breakfast Burritos
These Beef Fajita Breakfast Burritos are absolutely amazing. Using my Beef Fajita Breakfast Scramble recipe as a starting point, these breakfast burritos are sure to be a hit in your house.
How Long Does This Beef Fajita Recipe Last in the Refrigerator?
The Beef Fajita Breakfast Burritos will last in the refrigerator for up to three days. Be sure that the burritos are stored in an air tight container or wrap each one individually in plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
Can I Freeze Beef Fajita Breakfast Burritos
You can freeze these breakfast burritos and store them in a freezer-safe bag for up to two months. I like to freeze them separately first before placing them together in a bag or I wrap each one individually. This lets me take one burrito out at a time instead of having to worry that they will be stuck together when frozen.
How Long Does This Beef Fajita Recipe Last in the Freezer?
The Beef Fajita Breakfast Burritos can be frozen and stored for two months. Simply cover them with plastic, then wrap tightly with aluminum. You can also keep them together in a freezer bag.
How Do You Reheat Breakfast Burritos?
If you are reheating from a frozen, it is best to microwave the burrito for 90 seconds. You can also wrap them in foil and reheat them in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.
If the breakfast burrito is not frozen, you can reheat them directly in the oven. No need to use the microwave the burrito first.
What Type of Tortilla Do I Use For Breakfast Burritos?
The type of tortilla you use is really up to personal preference. I personally like to use flour tortillas because I like that they are soft, pliable and I prefer the flavor. You can use corn if you prefer the taste or need a gluten free option. However, they will most likely be breakfast tacos.
How Do You Keep Burritos From Getting Soggy?
I know that soggy burritos are the worst! There are a couple of things you can do to make sure your burrito stays crispy.
First, make sure there isn’t too much liquid in your filling. The tortillas hold up well, but if there is too much liquid, the tortilla will get soggy.
Also, I recommend making sure the tortilla is completely cool before wrapping it in plastic and tin foil, then placing them all together inside ziplock bags for freezing.
This is also why I recommend reheating the burrito in the oven. It is the best way to make sure the tortilla has that bit of crispiness to it as well as keeping the entire thing from being soggy and falling apart. Or the air fryer is another option for reheating these delicious breakfast burritos.
Ingredients To Make Fried Beef Fajita Breakfast Burritos
- Flank or Skirt steak
- Green, red and orange bell peppers
- Large eggs
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Vegetable oil
- Garlic salt
- Chili powder
- Black pepper
- Crushed red peppers
- Lime juice
- Flour tortillas
How To Make This Fried Beef Fajita Breakfast Burritos
For The Marinade
- Add all seasonings, pepper and lime juice to a large sealable baggie. Seal and shake to combine.
- Place steak into a baggie, seal, shake and then place into the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
Cooking The Fajitas
- Heat cast iron, or nonstick skillet, over medium high heat.
- Next, add 2 tablespoons of oil to the pan and then add peppers and onions.
- Sauté until tender but still crisp then remove from skillet and place in a large bowl, set aside.
- Remove steak from baggie and place in a hot skillet.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side for medium.
- Remove steak from skillet and place on cutting board.
- Cut against the grain and then cut into bite size pieces.
- Place steak into the large bowl with peppers, stir and set aside.
- Add the eggs to the skillet and scramble until done.
- Next, add steak and peppers to scramble eggs, stir to combine, add shredded cheese and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Add meat and egg mixture to warm tortillas and wrap into burritos.
- Heat oil over medium high heat and fry each burrito until golden brown on both sides.
- Lastly, place on a plate lined with paper towels and once all burritos are fried, serve with salsa, guacamole, diced green onions, cilantro and sour cream.
Try These Delicious Beef Fajita Breakfast Burritos Today
Here are a few more delicious breakfast recipes that can be found on the blog:
- Cheesy Sausage Hash Brown Casserole
- One Skillet Italian Sausage Scramble
- Fried Egg Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Bacon Breakfast Roll Ups
And here is a delicious recipe from our new blog that is super delicious, Hash Brown Breakfast Cups, from Deliciously Seasoned.
Beef Fajita Breakfast Burritos
For the Breakfast Burritos
- 1½ lb flank steak or skirt steak
- 1 green bell pepper, stem, seeds removed, diced into small pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, stem, seeds removed, diced into small pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper, stem, seeds removed, diced into small pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced into small pieces
- 12 large eggs
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1¼ cup vegetable oil, divided
For the Marinade
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp red crushed peppers
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- 12-15 flour tortillas, burrito size
For the Marinade
- Add cumin, garlic salt, chili powder, pepper and red crushed peppers into a large sealable baggie. Seal, shake to mix and then add lime juice. Shake to combine.
- Place flank steak into baggie, seal and shake to coat. Place into the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight, turning baggie over after a couple hours.
For The breakfast Burritos
- Using a large frying pan or cast iron skillet, heat over high heat.
- Add two tablespoons of vegetable oil to pan and add peppers and onions once oil is hot.
- Sauté until vegetables are tender but still crisp. Remove from pan and place in a large bowl, set aside.
- Heat remaining two tablespoons of oil into pan and heat over medium high heat.
- Remove flank steak from baggie and place in the hot pan.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side for medium then remove from skillet and place on a cutting board.
- Cut against the grain and then cut the steak into small bite-size pieces.
- Place steak into large bowl with with the onions and peppers, stir and set aside.
- Pour eggs into pan and scramble the eggs over medium heat until done.
- Next, add the steak, pepper and onions to the scrambled eggs, stir and top with cheese.
- Heat tortillas, and fill each one with the beef fajita mixture, fold burritos and place on a plate until ready to fry.
- Heat additional oil in another frying pan or skillet over medium high heat.
- Place a few burritos at a time into the hot oil and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove fried burritos onto a place lined with paper towels until ready to eat.
- Optional: top with salsa, guacamole, cilantro, green onions, sour cream, if desired.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission.
If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words. Only list the ingredients and make sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.
THANK YOU, TERRI! Great recipe to tweak! There are only 2 of us, so I cut the recipe in half. I was lucky to have most of the items needed in stock! The only thing we did not use is cheese. Otherwise, YUMMY!
Keep these great recipes coming!
Great Grub, Delicious Treats
Thank you so much Christine for sharing! I’m so glad you two enjoyed this recipe. Thanks for the 5-star rating too! :)