Fried Egg Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Grilled cheese sandwiches are so good, and this fried egg grilled cheese sandwich is definitely one that will make any breakfast delicious! I am always thinking of different ways to make breakfast special, and this breakfast sandwich sure does the trick.
I’ve been making these for some time, and I thought, “if we like them so much, I should share this recipe with others.” So here it is my friends, another way to enjoy a fried egg sandwich and a grilled cheese together in one delicious sandwich!
Pepper jack is probably our favorite cheese, and Colby jack is a close second. This fried egg grilled cheese sandwich has the best of both cheeses! There are many variations that can be added to this sandwich as well. Adding some avocado and salsa would be delicious too!
So however you love your egg yokes, runny or hard, just cook em’ up, add your favorite type of cheese and a couple pieces of Texas style bread, and there you go, a delicious fried egg grilled cheese sandwich. Yum!
This is definitely tasty and filling, so how about a nice fried egg grilled cheese sandwich the next time you want something a little different for breakfast.
Try this today for a delicious tasting breakfast sandwich!
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices of bread (thick Texas style)
- 4 slices cheese (I used Colby jack and pepper jack)
- Salt & Pepper
- Butter one side of each piece of bread, set aside.
- In a frying pan, melt a little butter over low heat.
- Fry eggs so the yokes are cooked how you like them.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once done, remove from flame.
- In a separate frying pan, add a slice of bread, buttered side down.
- Add a slice of Colby jack cheese.
- Top with two fried eggs.
- Add a slice of pepper jack cheese on top of the eggs.
- Top with another piece of bread, buttered side up.
- Cover pan with a lid and cook until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown on both sides.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!