Spicy Salsa Verde Rice
This spicy salsa verde rice has great flavor and is a delicious side dish. With the salsa verde taste, mixed with the spiciness of the jalapeños, makes for one delicious rice dish.
A perfect side dish to go along side any Mexican dish. Great served with enchiladas, tacos, burritos and perfect to go hand in hand with your favorite beans.
I made this rice to go along with my crock pot spicy chicken with beans. So delicious and super tasty.
So if you’d like to change-up a basic rice side dish recipe, then this recipe is the one to try with the delicious salsa verde flavor. Just melt butter in a large frying pan over low flame, add onions and then garlic, saute and add rice to the pan. Cook until the rice starts to brown and then pour in the chicken broth along with the Rotel®, salsa verde, seasonings and jalapeños. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes and you will have some delicious tasting rice!
Try this spicy salsa verde rice today
Here are a few more delicious Mexican recipes you can find on the blog: Mexican Style Crock Pot Chuck Roast, Taco Pie Casserole, Fresh Spicy Guacamole and this Cheesy Salsa Verde Taco Pasta.
Spicy Salsa Verde Rice
- 1 3/4 cup uncooked white rice
- 3 Tbs butter
- 3 heaping Tbsp onions, chopped small
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 10 oz can Rotel®
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbs diced jalapeños
- 8 oz salsa verde, I used Trader Joe's®
- In a large frying pan, melt butter over low flame.
- Add onions and saute for 3 minutes and then add garlic. Continue to saute for 2 more minutes.
- Pour rice into frying pan and cook until rice starts to brown, stirring often.
- Once rice starts to brown, pour chicken broth, Rotel®, salsa verde, cumin, cayenne pepper, black pepper and jalapeños.
- Stir, then cover and simmer, over low flame, for about 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.
[…] Great Grub Delicious Treats: Spicy Salsa Verde Rice […]
[…] These beans are perfect with any Mexican meal and especially when complimented with a delicious rice recipe. […]
[…] made some spicy salsa verde rice, to go along with this crock pot spicy chicken with beans, which I will post shortly. And, I also […]