Fresh Spicy Guacamole is an amazing homemade guacamole recipe that tastes delicious and is on the healthy side. Made with the freshest ingredients, this is the perfect appetizer recipe that everyone loves.
If you’re looking for a new guacamole recipe to wow the crowd, then you have to try my spicy take on everyone’s favorite classic party food. I’ve been making this recipe for years. It’s rich, smooth, and creamy like any good gauc should be, and it makes the perfect addition to any sports party, backyard bash, potluck, movie night, or just because! I routinely made huge batches of this guacamole when my kids were in school because they and their friends always devoured it the next day. You’ll want to make big batches of it, too after you try it. It’s just so good!
Fresh Spicy Guacamole
This delicious guacamole starts with fresh avocados. Then, I add a Tex-Mex garden of tomatoes, green onions, jalapenos, and cilantro. It all comes together with vegan mayonnaise to make it just as creamy and delicious as traditional guac but a little more healthy. The best part is that it packs a punch of flavor and heat, and everyone always loves it. You won’t find a better guac!
Why You’ll Love This Delicious Guacamole Recipe
- It uses the freshest ingredients and is absolutely delicious.
- It only takes a few simple ingredients to make, can be made vegan with vegan mayo, and is always a welcomed addition to any table.
- It’s great to use for so many different recipes from chip and guac to toppings for tacos, burritos, chicken, and more.
- When storing your guacamole, place plastic wrap directly on top of it to prevent as much air as possible from coming into contact with it. This prevents browning.
- Look for avocados that yield to gentle, firm pressure but that aren’t mushy. Those are the perfectly ripe ones.
- While both a fork and potato masher will work well for mashing your avocados, I find a potato masher does it more quickly.
- Omit the jalapenos for mild but delicious guacamole.
- For a spicier guac, do not remove the jalapeno seeds.
- You can use lemon juice instead of lime juice.
- Try adding bacon to your guac.
What to Serve with Fresh Spicy Guacamole
Guacamole is one of the most versatile dishes you’ll ever make. It’s so delicious with so many different foods. Some great pairings include:
- Tortilla chips
- Pita chips
- Potato chips
- Chicken, beef, or pork
How do you pick the best avocados?
Ripe avocados must pass both the press and color tests. Look for avocados that have a rich, dark green color to almost black. Don’t assume that’s where it stops, though. Once you find that dark color, give the avocado a gentle press. If it yields to firm, gentle pressure but isn’t smushy, you’ve got the perfect avocado on your hands.
Are avocados healthy for you?
They certainly are. While their calorie density means you should enjoy them in moderation, their healthy fats are incredibly good for you. Avocados are basically natural, super healthy fat bombs.
What is guacamole traditionally made in?
Traditional guacamole made in the traditional way will be mashed up in a molcajete, a small stone bowl much like a mortar and pestle.
When guacamole turns brown is it bad?
Provided it’s not more than 3 days old, it’s not bad, it’s just not as good. Oxidation from the air causes it to turn brown. It can slightly affect the taste as well as turn it brown. It may be a bit bitter after turning brown, but it’s not in any way dangerous.
Can fresh guacamole be frozen?
It sure can! It freezes well for up to 3 months.
How to Store Guacamole
Store your guacamole for up to 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Before sealing your container, place plastic wrap directly on top of the guacamole to prevent as much contact with air as possible. For longer storage, you can freeze it in an airtight, freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
Fresh Spicy Guacamole Ingredients
It only takes a few simple ingredients that are readily available at your local grocery store to make this easy guacamole.
- Large avocados cut in half with seeds removed
- Tomatoes diced small
- Green onion sliced thin
- Cilantro chopped
- Jalapeños diced small
- Mayonnaise or Vegan mayonnaise
- Lime juice
- Garlic salt
- Black pepper
How to Make Spicy Guacamole
In just a few minutes, you’ll have absolutely delicious guacamole on the table. It only takes a few simple steps.
Step 1: Mash the Avocados
Place the avocados in a medium bowl and mash them with a fork or potato masher.
Step 2: Make the Guacamole
Add the tomatoes, green onion, cilantro, jalapenos, and vegan mayo and mix. Then, stir in the lime juice, garlic salt, and pepper and mix until you reach your desired guacamole consistency. Chill and enjoy!
Try This Delicious Spicy Guacamole Today
This spicy guacamole is rich, creamy, and has just the right amount of spice. It’s a simple recipe that’s perfect as a dip or a topping for so many foods. This is also a great game day appetizer. Make a batch of this guacamole, and you’ll never think of the iconic Mexican dip the same way again. It’s so good!
More Delicious Appetizer Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers – These delicious jalapeño poppers are incredible bite-size flavor bombs that taste amazing and are great for parties, game day, or a side dish or snack.
Mile High Nachos – These delicious nachos are loaded with perfectly seasoned ground beef, refried beans, nacho cheese, two types of cheese, jalapenos, green onions, sour cream, salsa and guacamole. So good!
Pico de Gallo – An easy and refreshing appetizer recipe that is made with just a few simple ingredients and is great to add to all your favorite Mexican dishes.
And, here is a delicious Jalapeño Salsa recipe, from Deliciously Seasoned, that you will enjoy as well.
Fresh Spicy Guacamole
- In a medium mixing bowl, add avocados and mash with a fork or potato masher.
- Add tomatoes, green onion, cilantro, jalapeños, vegan mayonnaise and incorporate in with avocado.
- Stir in lime juice, garlic salt, and pepper, Mix until desired consistency is obtained.
- Chill until ready to eat!
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.