This raspberry crumble recipe is a delicious and classic dessert that is perfect for any occasion. The sweet, tart, and juicy raspberry filling, along with the buttery, crumbly topping, which provides richness and crunch to the crumble, is simply irresistible.
Crumbles are delicious desserts that are easy to make and super versatile. They’re one of my favorite desserts to make, in fact. Loaded with sweet flavors and a lovely crunch thanks to the walnuts, this crumble makes a great dessert or snack. I’ve been making this crumble along with other variations of it for years, and it’s always a big hit. Everyone loves how delicious it is, and I’m a huge fan of how easy it is to make.
This delicious crumble starts out with a simple cranberry mixture that uses just a handful of ingredients and requires no cooking. I top it with a sweet brown sugar crumb topping loaded with crunch thanks to chopped walnuts. After that, I bake it until bubbly and golden brown and serve it with a scoop of ice cream. That’s it! It’s read in just a few minutes, and it’s a sweet treat that everyone loves.
Why You’ll Love This Raspberry Crumble Recipe
- This raspberry crumble is very easy to make and only uses a few simple ingredients.
- It has the perfect balance of sweetness and tartness.
- It is versatile and can be served warm or cold, and it is delicious served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Raspberry Crumble Ingredients
You’ll only need a few basic baking ingredients to make this delicious crumble. You’ll find everything you need in your kitchen and in one quick trip to the grocery store.
- All purpose flour
- Light brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Chopped walnuts
- Fresh raspberries
- Lemon juice
- Lemon zest
How to Make Raspberry Crumble
Making this crumble is just as easy as gathering up the ingredients. It only takes a few minutes of prep and around 30 minutes in the oven. The entire process only takes about 45 minutes from start to finish!
Step 1 : Prep
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray a 2-quart baking dish or a 9×9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Step 2: Make the Topping
Whisk the flour, brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a medium bowl. Then, cut the butter into the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Finally, stir in ¼ cup of walnuts.
Step 3: Make the Filling
Add the raspberries, ¼ sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and 1 cup of chopped walnuts in a large bowl. Stir and let sit for 5 minutes. Then, stir and pour into the prepared baking dish.
Step 4: Top and Bake
Sprinkle the crumb topping over the raspberry mixture and bake uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Recipe Tips for Raspberry Crumble
- Let the raspberry mixture sit for at least 5 minutes so the berries can macerate.
- Keep the butter in the refrigerator until just before cutting it into the other crumble ingredients. This makes the crumble texture so much better.
- It’s important to let the crumble cool for 10 to 15 minutes so it can thicken up.
Variations, Additions, and Substitutions
- Use your favorite berries, such as blueberries or blackberries, or diced fruits to create multiple fruit fillings.
- You can use chopped pecans in place of walnuts.
- If you don’t like nuts, feel free to leave them out. It’s still delicious!
A crumble is a dessert typically made with a fruit filling and crumbly topping made with flour, butter, sugar, and oats or nuts.
You can use frozen berries in place of fresh berries in almost all cases.
Fruit crumbles can be thickened with cornstarch, arrowroot, or tapioca starch.
Yes. Always wash and dry your berries before freezing them.
Yes, you can. Raspberry crumble freezes very well and will last for up to 3 months if stored properly.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Raspberry Crumble
Refrigerate the crumble in an airtight container for up to 5 days. For longer storage, freeze for up to 3 months in an airtight, freezer-safe container.
To reheat the crumble, microwave it at 30-second intervals until heated through. You can also cover it and bake it at 350 degrees until heated through.
Try This Delicious Raspberry Crumble Recipe Today
This raspberry crumble recipe is full of sweet flavor and tons of texture. It’s also super easy to make, which is a huge bonus. With so much flavor and such ease, there’s no reason not to make this. And believe me, after you try it just once, you’ll be hooked. Give it a try. I guarantee you’ll love it.
More Delicious Raspberry Dessert Recipes You’ll Enjoy
These Raspberry Cream Cheese Bites are absolutely delicious and are filled with a sweet cream cheese mixture, a fresh raspberry sauce, rolled up, baked, and dusted with powdered sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 375° and spray a 2-quart baking dish, or a 9×9 inch baking dish, with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together until combined.
- Cut the butter into the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir the ¼ cup of walnuts into the mixture.
- In a large bowl, add the raspberries, ¼ cup sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and 1 cup chopped walnuts. Stir to combine. Let sit for 5 minutes, stir and then pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle crumb topping over the raspberry mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 -15 minutes before serving.
- Optional: top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media. Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest.