This delicious Raspberry Danish recipe is filled with a sweet cream cheese mixture and a fresh raspberry filling. They are baked to golden perfection and you get a flaky, scrumptious raspberry cream cheese Danish that is always a hit whether it is for breakfast, brunch, snack or after-dinner dessert.
I’ve mentioned this before, but I love pastries, you guys. I mean, I love them a lot. They’re great for snacks when company comes over or even when company isn’t coming over. My favorite pastries have always been fruit Danishes. There was at time when I picked them up from our local bakery regularly. Then, I decided to give making my own Danish varieties a try. After a few tries, I found a recipe that I could fill with any fruit filling I liked and that tasted just like the ones I got at the bakery. Of course, I still pop in, but only to say hello. I make my own pastries exclusively now. After you try this recipe, you will, too.
Raspberry Danish with Cream Cheese
This delicious Danish starts with puff pastry. Then, I make a simple raspberry filling of fresh raspberries, lemon juice, and sugar. I top the puff pastry with the raspberry filling along with a sweet cream cheese filling and bake it until it’s perfectly golden brown. Finally, I drizzle them with a lemon glaze. What I end up with is a bakery-quality pastry that no one can get enough of.
Why You’ll Love This Raspberry Danish with Cream Cheese
- It’s an easy Danish filled with a fresh raspberry filling and a sweet cream cheese mixture and then baked to golden, flaky perfection and drizzled with a sweet glaze.
- They’re a popular sweet treat that uses simple ingredients.
- The sweet cream cheese filling pairs nicely with the raspberry filling for the ultimate Danish recipe.
- It’s fairly easy to make!
- Stir continuously when cooking the raspberry filling so they don’t scorch.
- Be sure the cream cheese is fully softened for a super smooth and creamy filling.
- Cool the pastries before applying the glaze so it will stick.
- Use blackberry, strawberry, blueberry, or any of your favorite berries for the filling.
- Your favorite diced fruits can be used, as well.
What to Serve with Raspberry Danish
Danish can be served as a sweet breakfast or a dessert, so it pairs well with a variety of items.
- Other pastries
What describes a pastry?
A pastry is a sweet baked good made with either puff pastry dough or a pie crust-like dough. It’s often filled with fruit and cream cheese fillings.
Can I use raspberry jam instead of fresh raspberries?
You can, but be aware that the jam will be sweeter than the raspberry filling.
What makes a pastry Danish?
A Danish is a type of pastry made with puff pastry rather than a pie-type dough.
How long will raspberry Danish last?
They’ll last for about 3 days covered at room temperature, 7 days in the refrigerator, or up to a month in the freezer.
Can you freeze homemade raspberry Danish?
Yes! Open-air freeze them, then wrap them in a double layer of plastic wrap and a layer of foil. Freeze for up to a month.
How to Store Raspberry Danish with Cream Cheese
Store these in a covered container on the counter for up to 3 days. They’ll last for up to a week in the refrigerator in an airtight container. For longer storage, open-air freeze the Danish, wrap them in a double layer of plastic wrap then a layer of foil, and freeze for up to a month.
Raspberry Danish with Cream Cheese Ingredients
You’ll only need simple ingredients to make this recipe, and many of them are already in your kitchen. The ones that aren’t are easily found at your local grocery store.
- Puff pastry sheets
- Large egg
- Egg yolk
- Fresh raspberries
- Lemon juice
- Cream cheese
- Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
How to Make Raspberry Danish with Cream Cheese
Making this recipe isn’t that difficult at all. Although you’ll be preparing two fillings and a glaze, each of these components is very easy to make.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
Step 2: Make the Raspberry Filling
Add the raspberries, lemon juice, and sugar to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the sauce begins to form. In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and water together, then add to the raspberries and stir until thickened. Remove from the heat to cool.
Step 3: Make the Cream Cheese Filling
Beat the cream cheese in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. Then, add the egg yolk, sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice and beat for 2 minutes.
Step 4: Prepare the Puff Pastry
Cut each pastry strip into 8 strips. Then, pinch the ends of two strips together to make 1 long strip. Twist until it forms a sort of braided piece. Place one end of the strip onto the parchment paper and wrap the strip around itself to make a pinwheel. Repeat with all strips and poke the centers 4 to 5 times with a fork.
Step 5: Fill
Add a heaping spoonful of the cream cheese mixture to the center of each pastry followed by a spoonful of raspberry filling.
Step 6: Bake
Combine the egg and water in a small bowl, then brush each pastry with the egg wash. Bake for 23 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Then, remove the pastries from the oven to cool.
Step 7: Make the Glaze
When the pastries have cooled, mix the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla together. Drizzle the pastries with it and enjoy.
Try This Delicious Raspberry Danish Recipe Today
This easy, delicious recipe for raspberry Danish with cream cheese is so good and so simple. Every part of this recipe comes together quickly, so you can have pastries that taste like they came straight from the bakery in no time. Give this one a try, and I know your family will beg for more.
More Delicious Raspberry Dessert Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Raspberry Cream Cheese Pastry – This delicious pastry ring is packed with a delicious raspberry sauce and a cream cheese filling. It’s baked until golden and drizzled with a sweet glaze
Easy Raspberry Coconut Bars – A delicious old-fashioned dessert bar recipe with a cookie crust, a layer of raspberry preserves, topped with a coconut mixture and baked until lightly golden.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Bites – These delicious raspberry bites are filled with a cheesecake like filling and a homemade raspberry sauce. So delicious and a family favorite dessert recipe.
And, here is a delicious Frozen Raspberry Dessert, from Deliciously Seasoned, that you will enjoy as well.
Raspberry Danish with Cream Cheese
- 2 Puff pastry sheets
Fresh Raspberry Filling
- 1 ½ cup fresh raspberries
- ⅛ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1½ teaspoons cornstarch
Cream Cheese Mixture
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ teaspoon water
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
Fresh Raspberry Filling
- In a small saucepan, add raspberries, lemon juice, and sugar.
- Heat over medium heat until sauce begins to form, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water together, then add to raspberries. Stir until thickened then remove for heat and let cool.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 8 strips.
- Take two strips of puff pastry and pinch the ends together to create one long strip. Twist the strip until it forms a sort of braided piece.
- Place one end of the long, twisted strip down onto the parchment paper and wrap the dough around it, starting in the center and creating a pinwheel base. Poke the center 4 to 5 times with a fork.
Cream Cheese Mixture
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add egg yolk, sugar, vanilla, lemon juice, and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Add a heaping spoonful of cream cheese mixture to the center of each pastry followed by a spoonful of raspberry filling.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and water together until combined.
- Brush each pastry with egg wash.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool
- Once the pastries have cooled, mix powdered sugar, lemon juice and vanilla together.
- Drizzle each pastry with lemon glaze and enjoy.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.