Raspberry Cream Cheese Bites are a delicious raspberry dessert recipe stuffed with a cheesecake filling, and a homemade raspberry sauce using fresh raspberries, baked until golden and dusted with powdered sugar.
If you love the fruity, sweet, and tangy flavor of pastries with fruit and cream cheese fillings, then you’ll adore these little bites. I started making these a few years ago and they are a family favorite. They’re a sort of quasi-pastry, and they’re as easy as they are delicious. That’s the combo that sold me. I love to make these for parties, as fun desserts for dinner, or simply because I have a taste for them. They’re so easy and delicious, there’s no reason not to make them, and I know that once you give them a try, you’ll feel the same way.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Bites
These delicious bites start with a ready-made pie crust. Then, it gets filled with a sweet raspberry sauce and a rich, sweet, and tangy cream cheese filling. I roll the little coated pie pieces up into bite-size crescents and bake them to golden perfection. When it’s all said and done, I have delicious little pastry-adjacent bites that are as delicious as they are easy to make They’re so good, in fact, that I never have leftovers!
Why You’ll Love These Raspberry Cream Cheese Bites
- They’re absolutely delicious and made with fresh raspberries.
- They’re also filled with a sweet cream cheese filling.
- They are a simple, easy dessert recipe that everyone will love.
- Use low heat when making your raspberry mixture to prevent scorching.
- Be sure your cream cheese is fully softened so it creams properly.
- Add a thin layer of each filling to the crust before rolling it. Too much will make a big mess!
- Use your favorite berries in equal amounts to make different berry sauces for this recipe.
- Finely dice firm fruits like apples or pears to make a different kind of fruit filling.
- You can use jam in place of a berry sauce.
What to Serve with Raspberry Cream Cheese Bites
You can save these tasty little bites with a glass of milk or a cup of tea or coffee. They also make a great addition to a larger dessert spread featuring sweet treats like:
- Puff pastries
Can you make raspberry cream cheese bites in advance?
These little pastries can be refrigerated after being baked, but they taste best when served just after they’ve cooled. I don’t recommend baking them in advance.
Can you freeze these bites?
Yes, you can. They’ll last in the freezer for up to a month.
Why can’t you freeze cream cheese products for more than a month?
After about a month in the freezer, ice crystals will start to form in the cream cheese mixture, making it grainy and unappetizing.
Do pastries with cream cheese need to be refrigerated?
They do. Anything made with cream cheese must be refrigerated for storage.
Can you use other berries in this recipe?
You sure can! Any of your favorite berries will work in equal amounts.
How to Store Raspberry Cream Cheese Bites
Store these bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. For longer storage, you can freeze them in an airtight container for up to a month.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Bites Ingredients
You’ll only need a few basic ingredients to make these bites, and most of them are probably in your kitchen already.
- Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust
- Fresh raspberries
- Cream cheese
- Egg yolk
- Lemon juice
- Vanilla extract
How to Make Raspberry Cream Cheese Bites
Making these delicious bites take very little effort. It’s a straightforward recipe that only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray 2 baking sheets with nonstick spray or line them with parchment paper.
Step 2: Make the Raspberry Sauce
Add raspberries and sugar to a small saucepan. Then, mix the water and cornstarch and add it to the raspberries and sugar. Cook on low heat for 5 to 7 minutes until the mixture has thickened. Set aside to cool.
Step 3: Make the Cream Cheese Filling
Beat the cream cheese for 2 to 3 minutes in a medium bowl until fluffy. Then, add the sugar, egg, vanilla, and lemon juice and beat for another 2 minutes.
Step 4: Make the Bites
Unroll the pie dough on a lightly floured cutting board. Using a pizza cutter, cut each pie dough like a pizza into 16 slices. Leave in place. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the pie dough, then add raspberry sauce on top of it. Roll the outside edge of each piece toward the center. Repeat until all slices are rolled up.
Step 5: Bake
Place the bites on your prepared baking sheets and bake for 20 to 22 minutes until golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes, dust with powdered sugar or drizzle with a simple vanilla glaze and enjoy!
Try These Raspberry Cream Cheese Bites Today
These delicious raspberry cream cheese bites are so good and so easy to make that if you try them once, you’ll make them again and again. Ready-made pie crust cuts down on time and creates a delicious, golden brown vehicle to house all the sweet and tangy flavors of the raspberry and cream cheese fillings, and everyone always comes back for more when these are on the table. Give them a try, and I know you’ll love them as much as I do!
More Raspberry Desserts You’ll Enjoy
Raspberry Lemon Crumb Bars – These delicious bars are easy to make and have a raspberry lemon filling and a scrumptious crumb topping.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Pastry – This delicious dessert is filled with a sweet cream cheese filling, a fresh raspberry sauce all stuffed in crescents, baked until golden and drizzled with glaze.
And, Raspberry Coconut Bars – An easy, old-fashioned recipe made with a cookie crust, a layer of raspberry preserves, topped with a coconut mixture and baked until lightly golden.
Here is a delicious Raspberry Pretzel Salad, from Deliciously Seasoned, that you will enjoy as well.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Bites
- 1 box Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 375° and spray 2 baking sheets with a non stick spray or line with parchment paper.
For The Raspberry Sauce
- In a small saucepan, add raspberries and sugar. Stir.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix water and corn starch until combined then add to raspberry mixture.
- Cook on low for 5-7 minutes until raspberry mixture has thicken. Set aside to cool.
For The Cream Cheese Filling
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add sugar, egg yolk, vanilla and lemon juice. Beat for an additional 2 minutes.
Making The Bites
- Unroll pie dough on a lightly floured cutting board. Using a pizza cutter, cut each pie dough into 16 pieces like a pizza. Leave each piece in place.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over each pie dough and then add raspberry sauce on top.
- Take one small piece at a time, roll from the outside edge towards the center of the pie dough (this will be messy but the end results are so good).
- Continue rolling each raspberry bite and place on baking sheets. Repeat process with second pie dough.
- Place both baking sheets in the oven for 20-22 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool for a few minutes, dust with powdered sugar or drizzle with a glaze over each of the bites.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.