This delicious raspberry pretzel dessert is absolutely scrumptious. There are three layers of deliciousness: the pretzel crust layer, the sweet cream cheese layer, and the top raspberry layer. An easy raspberry dessert that is perfect for parties, potlucks, backyard BBQs, and family get-togethers.
I’m back with another delicious pretzel salad variation! Like several of my pretzel salad recipes, this one features pie filling in place of Jello for something that’s a little different but still true to the spirit of this Southern classic. One of my favorite variations to make, I’ve been using pie filling in place of Jello for the top layer of my pretzel desserts for years. Of course, I still love this dessert made the old-fashioned way, but the pie filling adds an extra richness to the dessert that I can’t get enough of. Neither can my family and friends. I NEVER have leftovers!
Raspberry Pretzel Salad
This delicious dessert starts with a sweet and salty pretzel crust that I bake until golden. Then, I top it with a decadent, sweet, and tangy cream cheese and Cool Whip layer. Finally, I top the entire thing with raspberry pie filling, fresh raspberries, and some reserved pretzel mixture for extra crunch. It’s a simple recipe that comes together in no time. The longest – and hardest – part of this recipe is waiting the minimum of four hours for it to chill. It only takes one bite to be completely hooked on this amazing dessert.
Why You’ll Love This Raspberry Pretzel Dessert Recipe
- The crushed pretzels are combined with brown sugar and butter, which gives the crust its delicious flavor that is both salty and sweet, and the vanilla extract adds another layer of flavor that brings the crust together., and it’s a combination that is simply irresistible.
- The cream cheese mixture is smooth and creamy and is mixed with powdered sugar and cool whip which when combined creates its light and fluffy texture.
- Raspberry pie filling and fresh raspberries are then spread over the top which gives the dessert a tart and refreshing flavor.
Raspberry Pretzel Dessert Ingredients
You’ll only need some simple baking ingredients to make this recipe. All of them are commonly found in most kitchens, so you might not need to go shopping at all, especially if you typically keep berries on hand. If you do need something, it’s a quick trip to the grocery store away. Easy peasy! Er, raspberry-y?
- Coarsely crushed pretzels provide a salty, crunchy base.
- Brown sugar adds a touch of sweetness to the pretzel crust.
- All purpose flour helps to bind the crust ingredients together.
- Vanilla extract adds a subtle flavor to the crust.
- Melted butter helps to moisten the crust and give it a rich flavor.
- Cream cheese provides a smooth and creamy base.
- Cool whip adds a light and fluffy texture to the cream cheese mixture.
- Powdered sugar adds sweetness and helps to thicken the cream cheese filling.
- Raspberry pie filling provides a tart, fruity topping to the dessert.
- Fresh raspberries add a bit of sweetness and tartness, and also adds a pop of color.
How to Make Raspberry Pretzel Dessert
Making this raspberry pretzel salad is a breeze. It only takes a little mixing, baking the pretzel crust, and then chilling. It couldn’t be easier!
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. Then, use a food processor or a large baggie and rolling pin to crush the pretzels into small pieces.
Step 2: Make the Crust
Add the coarsely crushed pretzels, brown sugar, flour, and vanilla to a medium bowl and stir. Then, add melted butter and stir to combine.
Step 3: Bake the Crust
Reserve ½ cup of the mixture and press the rest firmly into the bottom of the baking dish to create an even, compact layer. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove the dish from the oven and let the crust cool.
Step 4: Make the Cream Cheese Mixture
Add the cream cheese to a medium bowl and beat it with an electric mixer for 2 to 3 minutes until smooth. Then, add the powdered sugar and beat until combined. Finally, add the Cool Whip and gently mix until just combined.
Step 5: Layer the Dessert
Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the cooled pretzel crust. Then, spoon the raspberry mixture over the cream cheese layer and top with fresh raspberries. Sprinkle the top with the reserved pretzel mixture.
Step 6: Chill
Cover the dish with foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight. Enjoy!
- Soften your cream cheese to ensure the smoothest filling possible.
- Be careful when crushing the pretzels. They should be coarsely crushed, not powdered.
- 4 hours is the minimum chill time for this recipe, but it’s so much better when chilled overnight.
- You can use any pie filling you like to create different fruit pretzel salad variations.
- Make a classic pretzel salad recipe by adding a layer of fruity Jello in place of pie filling and topping it with corresponding fruit.
What to Serve with Raspberry Pretzel Dessert
This iconic dessert is delicious as-is. It’s also great when topped with a little whipped cream. Bring this dessert out at any special occasion like holidays, barbecues, and potlucks. It’s great with all your favorite foods.
You can use homemade whipped cream, whipped creme fraiche, Truwhip, Reddi Wip, or Dream Whip in place of Cool Whip.
Traditional pretzels are best for pretzel salad. They crush easily and to a uniform size.
This raspberry pretzel dessert will last for up to a week in the refrigerator in a covered container.
This dessert freezes well and will last for up to a month in the freezer when stored properly.
How to Store Raspberry Pretzel Dessert
Refrigerate this dessert for up to a week in an airtight container. For longer storage, freeze it for up to a month in an airtight, freezer-safe container.
Try This Delicious Raspberry Pretzel Dessert Recipe Today
This raspberry pretzel dessert is as easy as it is delicious. With just a few ingredients and a few simple steps, it’s a sweet and salty recipe that comes together fast. After that, you just have to wait for it to chill. It’s hard, but I know you can do it. Give this recipe a try, and I know it will become a permanent part of your dessert rotation. It’s just too good NOT to make!
More Delicious Raspberry Desserts You’ll Enjoy
This Raspberry Lemonade is a refreshing and easy, thirst-quenching beverage that only takes 4-ingredients to make, and is the perfect summertime drink the whole family will enjoy.
Raspberry Pretzel Dessert
- (2) 12 ounce raspberry pie filling
- 6 ounce fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 375° and lightly spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Using a food processor, or large baggie, add pretzels and crush into small pieces.
- In a medium bowl, add coarsely crushed pretzel, brown sugar, flour and vanilla. Stir.
- Melt butter and add to the pretzel mixture. Stir to combine.
- Spread mixture into prepared baking dish. Press into an even layer, reserving ½ cup of pretzel mixture to use for the topping.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool.
Cream Cheese Mixture
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and beat until combined.
- Next, add the cool whip and mix just until combined.
- Once the pretzel crust has cooled completely, spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the pretzel crust.
- Spoon the raspberry pie filling on top of the cream cheese mixture, then add the fresh raspberries on top.
- Sprinkle reserved pretzel mixture on top of raspberry topping.
- Cover with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.