Cheesy Hash Browns Recipe
Who doesn’t love cheesy hash browns for breakfast? This is basically frozen hash browns with a ton of grated cheese, onions and diced jalapeños thrown in, spiced just right and fried until golden brown and crunchy.
We love fried cheese and when frying these hash browns the cheese gets that crispy fried texture as well as the hash browns. That’s what we love so much about these breakfast cheesy hash browns, the crispy fried cheese. Crispy, crunchy and so delicious.
Hash Brown Potatoes
With the addition of the onions, diced jalapeños and all that cheese, these cheesy hash browns are a perfect addition to the breakfast menu. Fried to a golden brown, then served with cheesy scrambled eggs topped with sliced green onions and garnish with sliced avocados. So yummy!
Cheesy Hash Browns
Look at all that cheese! Man of man, so much cheese. You can never have enough cheese in my book. The cheesier the better.
Are you ready to make some delicious hash browns that are loaded with cheese and fried to perfection? Then these breakfast potatoes are what’s needed. Just add these to the menu the next time you are craving some delicious cheesy hash browns for breakfast.
Try These Cheesy Hash Browns Today
Here are a few more delicious breakfast recipes you can find on the blog: Bacon Breakfast Roll Ups, Cheesy Sausage Hash Brown Casserole, One Skillet Italian Sausage Scramble, Fried Egg Grilled Cheese Sandwich, and Southwest Egg Bake, plus many more delicious breakfast recipes.
Cheesy Hash Browns
- 30 oz bag frozen hash browns
- 2 cups chopped onions, 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3-4 cups pepper Jack cheese, grated
- 3 Tbsp diced jalapeños
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp butter, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add hash browns, onions, garlic, cheese and jalapeños together, stir.
- Heat half the oil and butter until hot over medium heat.
- Place a thick layer of hash browns into hot oil covering the bottom of pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes then divide into 4 separate patties.
- Cook until browned, flip over and cook until desired crispiness is obtained.
- Once cooked, remove from pan and place on a plate lined with paper towels. Place in the oven at 170° to keep warm until all hash browns are cooked.
- Add remaining oil and butter to pan and cook the rest of the hash browns repeating the process.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.