If you are a lover of banana then this is a great recipe to try, banana bars with cream cheese frosting. So yummy! The homemade banana bars are so incredibly delicious and then topped with a cream cheese frosting, so good.
Fresh banana bread, cakes and bars are so amazingly delicious and these banana bars with cream cheese frosting will not disappoint. Super tasty and extremely moist, the banana flavor explodes with each bite.
So the next time you have ripe bananas sitting on your counter, remember this tasty recipe. You will be so glad you did. Super easy, super delicious, and they will disappear just like that, they’re that good. Also, these freeze well and are perfect for a delicious snack later on.
Homemade banana bars with cream cheese frosting, totally the best. So banana lover’s out there, you are going to LOVE this super easy, homemade, incredibly delicious banana bar recipe loaded with bananas, deliciously flavored and with the creamy cream cheese frosting. Heaven!
This recipe is from my sister, Linda. I had asked her for her banana bars recipe a couple of weeks ago because I remember how delicious they were. She’s been making these banana bars forever it seems and I needed to use our bananas before they were too ripe. Anyways, Linda sent me her recipe for which I am grateful because these are so delish. I used my own cream cheese frosting recipe which I absolutely love and together this is a winning combination. Linda also gave me a few other recipes which I will post soon. All are delish! Thank you sister!
Try these scrumptious banana bars with cream cheese frosting today
Here are a few more delicious banana recipes you can find on the blog: Banana Poke Cake, Banana Nut Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting, Chocolate Chunk Banana Nut Bread, Banana Nut Filled Pancakes, and Banana Nut Cream Cheese Cupcakes plus more.
Moist and delicious
Banana Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Banana Bars
For the Banana Bars
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray a 15 x 10 jelly roll pan or a 13 x 9 baking dish with a non stick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Beat eggs, one at a time, into mixture.
- Add sour cream and vanilla and mix well.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and stir into wet ingredients.
- Add mashed bananas, stir.
- Pour batter into a 15 x 10 jelly roll pan or a 13 x 9 baking dish. *If using a jelly roll pan, bake 22-27 minutes, or 35-40 minutes in a baking dish, or until wooded toothpick come out clean.
- Remove from oven. Cool completely then frost.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and cream cheese together.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- Slowly add powdered sugar and beat until creamy.
- Frost bars once cooled.
- Cut and enjoy!
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.