This dark chocolate banana poke cake is inspired from my friend, Meshelle. One of my closest co-workers, that I used to work with, Ruben, would bring his wife’s chocolate cake to our potlucks all the time. Meshelle’s dark chocolate cake with chocolate frosting was always requested at every single potluck. It was SO delicious!
Decadent Chocolate Cake
This chocolate cake is made like Meshelle always made hers except I changed it up a bit and added a delicious banana cream cheese filling and topped it with cool whip, banana slices and crushed vanilla wafers.
Chocolate and Banana Cake
There’s just something about chocolate and bananas that go so well together. The rich chocolate cake mixed with the delicious banana filling and then serve cold is a scrumptious dessert, oh man, so yummy.
Chocolate Poke Cake
To make this delicious chocolate cake, you will use two boxes of a dark chocolate cake mix and will use a 13 x 9 baking dish. Trust me, it will be fine in this size baking dish. Follow the directions below and you are going to have a deliciously moist, super yummy chocolate cake. This dark chocolate banana poke cake is going to be the thickest chocolate cake ever.
Look at this deliciousness! Everyone loves this cake especially with the banana cream cheese filling and fresh banana slices on top. Super delish, super easy and a perfect summer dessert that will be gone in a flash.
Delicious Summer Dessert
Ready to make this delicious chocolate banana poke cake? You will be so happy you did. Surprise the family with this delicious dessert. It definitely is a hit whenever it’s made.
Try This Dark Chocolate Banana Poke Cake Today
Here are a few more delicious poke cakes you can find on the blog:
- Delicious Lemon Poke Cake
- Banana Poke Cake
- Strawberry Lemonade Cream Cheese Poke Cake
- and how about this delicious Cream Cheese Lemonade Poke Cake.
Dark Chocolate Banana Poke Cake
- Preheat oven to 325° and spray a 13x9 baking dish with a non stick spray.
For the Dark Chocolate Cake
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs together on high-speed until blended.
- Pour cake batter into prepared baking dish and bake for 60 minutes or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and after a few minutes, poke holes throughout the cake. Let cool
For the Banana Cream Cheese Filling
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese together until smooth and creamy, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat banana pudding mix, vanilla and evaporated milk together until thick and creamy.
- Add banana pudding to cream cheese and beat until well combined.
- Once cake has cooled, add half the pudding mixture into a quart size freezer bag and clip the corner.
- Squeeze banana filling into each hole then spread remaining pudding mixture over the top of the cake.
- Spread cool whip over the top of pudding, cover with plastic wrap, place in fridge to chill.
- Once chilled, sprinkle vanilla wafers over the top and add sliced bananas.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.