This hearty and delicious smoked sausage and potato bake is a quick and easy dinner recipe loaded with beef smoked sausage, baby potatoes, onions, bell pepper, seasoned perfectly, and baked until the potatoes are tender. So delicious and so easy.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy family meal that will fill everyone up at the table, look no further. That’s exactly what you get with this delicious bake. This is always a contender when I make my weekend family dinners for my kids. It’s full of flavor, and takes no effort. And, it’s so filling that even the biggest eaters will be satisfied. This is the perfect easy dish for a family dinner. It’s also a great choice for potlucks because it can feed so many people. Bring two batches for particularly large gatherings, and you’ll be a hit at the shindig!
Smoked Sausage and Potato Bake
This delicious bake is loaded with hearty flavors, and it’s enough to feed an army! It starts with smoked sausage. Then, I add baby creamer potatoes, onion, bell pepper, and seasonings, including red pepper flakes and Slap Ya Mama seasoning for a kick of heat. Then, it’s all cooked to smoky, hot perfection. Creating a dish that’s filling, flavorful, and so easy to make. I often serve this when I have company over because it allows me to feed a ton of people and still spend most of my time with family and friends rather than being stuck in the kitchen.
Why You’ll Love This Smoked Sausage and Potato Bake
- It’s so flavorful and loaded with smoked sausage, baby potatoes, onions, and bell pepper, and it’s seasoned perfectly.
- It’s super easy to make and only uses a few simple ingredients that you can easily find at your local grocery store.
- And, it’s a quick and easy recipe the entire family will love and ask for again and again!
Smoked Sausage and Potato Bake Tips and Variations
This recipe is so incredibly easy, I have almost no tips to offer here. This recipe is really nothing more than throwing everything into a dish and baking it! I do have some great variations that I think you’ll enjoy.
- Always spray your baking dish with nonstick spray. This recipe might not be full of sticky ingredients, but the sausage and potatoes can stick.
- To keep your potatoes nice and white, you can place them in a bowl of water, then drain them when it’s time to assemble the dish.
- Add more veggie goodness with carrots and celery.
- Use different onions for different flavor variations. Red onions add more bite, while yellow or sweet onions create a mellower flavor.
- Change up your smoked sausage. You can find them in all kinds of flavors from hot to mild, cheese-filled, chicken, and more.
What to Serve with Smoked Sausage and Potato Bake
There are several great sides that pair well with this bake. Although it’s a full meal, it’s simplicity does lend it to pairing with other dishes to round things out. Some favorites are:
Smoked Sausage and Potato Bake FAQ
If you have questions about this recipe, then read on. The following FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions about this sausage and potato bake.
What is the best way to cook smoked sausage?
There’s no best way to cook smoked sausage. They all yield different results. However, there are four main ways to cook it.
- Cut into short or long slices and pan-fry in a skillet over medium heat.
- Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes in water on the stove.
- Grill directly on the grate over medium heat for 12 to 14 minutes, turning frequently.
- Bake the sausage in casseroles and bakes.
What goes with smoked sausage for dinner?
You can serve a variety of sides with smoked sausage or you can add them to bakes and casseroles.
- Add to casseroles, bakes, soups, and stews
How do you know when smoked sausage is done?
It can be hard to tell when smoked sausage is done just by looking at it. The best way to know when it’s done is to use a meat thermometer and cook the sausage until it reaches an internal temperature of 155 to 165 degrees.
Is beef smoked sausage already cooked?
The majority of them are either cured or pre-cooked. There will almost always be some kind of wording on the label telling you whether or not the sausage has been cooked.
Can you freeze leftover sausage and potatoes?
Absolutely. Simply place leftovers in an air-tight, freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months.
How to Store Leftover Smoked Sausage and Potato Bake
You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. For longer storage, freeze it for up to 3 months.
Smoked Sausage and Potato Bake Ingredients
This recipe only uses simple ingredients that you can easily find at your local grocery store.
- Baby creamer potatoes
- Smoked sausage, cut into bite-size chunks
- Large onion
- Green bell pepper
- Olive oil
- Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Butter, cut into pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Smoked Sausage and Potato Bake
Making this recipe is just as easy as the ingredient list. It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a 13×9 baking dish win nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Step 2: Season the Potatoes
Rinse the potatoes and cut them in half. Then, add them to a large bowl. Add olive oil and toss to coat. Then, add the seasonings and stir. If using a larger potato like Yukon gold potatoes or red potatoes, make sure to cut them into bite-size pieces approximately the same size.
Step 3: Add the Sausage and Vegetables
Add the sausage, onions, and bell peppers to the bowl and stir.
Step 4: Bake
Place the sausage and potatoes in the baking dish and randomly place butter over the top. Cover with foil and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Try This Delicious Sausage and Potato Casserole Today
This easy sausage and potato bake comes together quickly and can feed an army! With just a few minutes of prep and less than an hour of baking, you’ll have a hearty, delicious bake that everyone in the family will enjoy. Give it a try, and you’ll soon find it in your regular recipe rotation.
More Smoked Sausage Recipes You’ll Enjoy
BBQ Smoked Sausage Bites – These delicious sausage bites are covered in barbecue sauce and grilled. And, only two ingredients is all that is needed for this delicious smoked sausage recipe.
Sweet Potato Green Bean Casserole with Smoked Sausage – This easy casserole recipe is another delicious smoked sausage recipe with tender sweet potatoes, fresh green beans, onions and seasoned perfectly.
Smoked Sausage Corn Dogs – A delicious twist from the classic corn dog recipe that is made with smoked sausage and tastes amazing with a homemade batter, and fried to golden perfection.
Smoked Sausage and Potato Bake
- Preheat the oven to 350 and lightly spray a 13×9 baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Rinse potatoes, cut in half and add to a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, toss to coat and add seasonings. Stir.
- Next, add sausage, onions and bell pepper to the bowl. Stir.
- Place in the prepared baking dish.
- Randomly place butter over the top and cover with foil.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.