These bacon green beans are a family favorite in our house. Every Thanksgiving and Christmas these bacon green beans are one of the side dishes on our holiday dinner menu.
Loaded with flavor, these green beans tastes great with the bacon, onions, garlic and butter and will soon become a family favorite at your house too.
Using fresh green beans is the best but when you are rushed for time, can green beans work just fine.
I make these more than just for the holidays but these are definitely on the table and usually one of the first to go at our Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner.
Cut each strip of bacon into 4 pieces and fry it until it’s crispy. Remove the bacon from the grease and add the onions and garlic to the pan. Sauté until translucent. Add butter. Once butter has melted add the green beans and return the bacon back to the pan. Cover and cook until heated through.
Try these bacon green beans today
Here are a few more delicious side dishes that you can find on the blog: Cheesy Garlic Scalloped Potatoes, Corn Casserole, The Best Mashed Potatoes, Cheesy Potato Casserole Bake and Chicken Curry Pasta Salad plus many more.
Bacon Green Beans
- In a frying pan, or a medium saucepan, cook bacon until crispy, then remove and set aside (don’t drain the grease).
- Add onions and garlic to saucepan and sauté until translucent, then add butter.
- Open and drain liquid from green beans and add to pan along with the bacon.
- Cover and stir occasionally until butter has melted and green beans are heated through.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.