Years ago, I went to my cousin’s house for a baby shower and this chicken curry pasta salad was one of the many delicious food items being served! I also remember getting the recipe from my cousin Dale’s wife, Sondia, at that time. I had made this recipe a few times over the years and enjoyed it tremendously each and every time! I’ve been seriously thinking about this salad lately and started searching everywhere for the recipe. No luck! I finally sent an email to my cousin for a copy because this chicken curry pasta salad is too good not to share! Thank you Dale and Sondia for getting me a copy so quickly!
Chicken Curry Salad with Pasta
This salad is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!! The flavor of the curry, mixed with all the crunchiness of the lettuce and cucumbers, water chestnuts and pea pods, just make this an irresistible salad! As a young women back then, in my late twenties, I would have never even tried this recipe. We didn’t eat stuff like this growing up, BUT, I’m so glad that I actually tasted this delicious salad that day. So DELICIOUS!
The way you layer the ingredients in the salad bowl, or mixing bowl, keeps the crunchy ingredients crunchy. It’s not until you mix all the ingredients together, right before serving, that everything gets coated with the delicious curried mayonnaise.
Man oh man, is this good! So crunchy, crispy and full of delicious flavor! I dice up my water chestnuts and cucumbers fairly small, and cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Little tip here… Cut the chicken prior to boiling that way the chicken cooks quicker!
Pasta Salad with Chicken Curry
My suggestion… Make this delicious chicken curry pasta salad for your next party, potluck, BBQ or for any meal. This will definitely be a huge hit and hopefully a family favorite for many years to come.
Chicken Curry Pasta Salad
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked, cubed
- 8 oz box of small pasta shells
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 4 oz alfalfa sprouts
- 2 8 oz cans water chestnuts, sliced, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced.
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, diced
- 1 6 oz package frozen pea pods, thawed
- 4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs curry powder
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 3 tsp coarsely ground pepper.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water and set aside.
For the Curried Mayonnaise
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix mayonnaise, curry powder, sugar, ground ginger, lemon juice and pepper together until well combined. Set aside.
Assembling the Salad
- In a 6 quart mixing bowl, layer lettuce, then alfalfa sprouts, water chestnuts, green onions, cucumber, chicken, pea pods, then lastly, pasta shells.
- Final layer will be the curried mayonnaise.
- Spread the curried mayonnaise over the pasta.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Just prior to serving, mix up ingredients.
- Serve chilled!
Here are a couple pictures that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.