These jalapeno popper pinwheels are the perfect appetizer recipe made with creamy, cheesy goodness studded with spicy jalapenos and savory bacon, all wrapped in a golden, flaky crescent dough, and have the perfect combination of flavors in every bite. Perfect for parties, potlucks, or a midday snack, jalapeno popper pinwheels are guaranteed to disappear in no time flat.
Appetizers are my favorite part of any party or gathering, and the more flavorful they are, the better. I’m a big fan of appetizers. So much so that I usually bring a dessert and an appetizer dish to parties. What can I say? I’m an overachiever. I also like to make memorable appetizers, which is why I love making these jalapeno popper pinwheels? My popper pinwheels combine all the signature flavors of jalapeno poppers with the flaky crescent dough and signature shape of pinwheels, creating finger food that has everyone coming back for more. They love the flavor, and I love how easy they are to make!
Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels
For that classic popper flavor, these delicious pinwheels start with a cream cheese, bacon, jalapenos, and sharp cheddar cheese filling. Then, I add a little something extra with Slap Ya Mama Cajun seasoning. From there, I spread the mixture onto crescent dough strips and roll them up. After that, there’s nothing left to do but bake them until they’re golden brown. Oh, and eat them, of course! This is a ridiculously easy, incredibly delicious appetizer that you and all your guests will love.
Why You’ll Love This Jalapeno Popper Pinwheel Recipe
- These pinwheels are made with an irresistible combination of creamy cream cheese, crispy bacon, spicy jalapenos, melty cheddar cheese, and a buttery, flaky crescent, and they deliver a burst of contrasting flavors in every bite.
- They are incredibly simple to make and use readily available ingredients, requiring minimal effort, and are a guaranteed crowd-pleaser everyone will enjoy.
- They are easy to customize and very versatile, such as incorporating green onions, different seasonings, and adding your favorite cheese.
Jalapeño Popper Pinwheel Ingredients
You’ll only need a handful of ingredients to make this recipe. Good news! They’re all basic items you can find at any grocery store, so you can zip in and zip out!
- Pillsbury crescent rounds
- Cream cheese
- Diced jalapeños
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- Garlic salt
- Black pepper
How to Make Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels
Making these poppers only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps, so you spend less time in the kitchen and more time at the party. You’ll be in and out in no time.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray a deep dish pie plate with non-stick spray.
Step 2: Make the Filling
Beat the cream cheese in a medium bowl with a hand mixer until whipped and fluffy. Then, stir to combine the seasonings, bacon crumbles, diced jalapenos, and shredded cheese.
Step 3: Make the Pinwheels
Unroll the crescent dough and top each strip of dough evenly with the cream cheese mixture. Roll up the strips like a cinnamon roll and place them in the prepared pie plate.
Step 4: Bake
Bake the pinwheels for 20 to 23 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!
- Don’t overload the dough when spreading on the mixture. Adding too much will make it ooze out!
- Roll the pinwheels up as tightly as possible so they cook evenly.
- You only need a light coating of non-stick spray in the baking dish. Don’t overdo it!
- Use fresh jalapeno peppers in place of pickled jalapenos.
- Try roasting fresh jalapenos before dicing them for a more mellow flavor.
- For classic jalapeno popper flavor, omit the Cajun seasoning.
- You can use sharp cheddar, cheddar jack, or colby jack in this recipe.
What to Serve with Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels
These pinwheels have all the flavors of poppers, so serve them with the same sides you’d normally use with classic poppers. Some great ideas include:
- Spinach artichoke dip
- Loaded nachos
- Cheese dip
- Ranch dressing
Jalapeno popper pinwheels are classic pinwheels with a jalapeno popper filling. The filling is spread on the crescent dough, then the dough is rolled up and baked until golden.
Absolutely! Just roll them up, secure them with a toothpick if necessary, and bake them for 15 to 18 minutes at 375°.
You can dip your pinwheels in a variety of sauces for added flavor. Some excellent pairings include:
While roll ups reheat well, they’re never quite as good as when fresh out of the oven. Avoid making them ahead of time if possible.
Yes, you can. When stored properly, these will last for up to a month in the freeze.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels
Refrigerate these poppers for up to 5 days in an airtight container. You can freeze them for up to a month, as well. Wrap the pinwheels individually in plastic wrap, then place them in an airtight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag to freeze them.
To reheat the pinwheels, bake them at 350 for 8 to 10 minutes until heated through.
Try These Easy Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels Today
This jalapeno popper easy pinwheel recipe is super simple to make, and have all the hallmark flavors of poppers, along with the flaky texture of pinwheels. It’s a combination that always has everyone coming back for more. You won’t mind that because you can whip them up quickly. Give this one a try, and I guarantee you’ll be making double batches!
More Delicious Appetizer Recipes You’ll Enjoy
These Easy Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies are a delicious appetizer recipe that are easy to make, taste delicious, and is the perfect party appetizer for game day, family gatherings, or a midday snack.
Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and lightly spray a deep dish pie plate with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until whipped and fluffy.
- Add in seasonings, bacon crumbles, diced jalapenos, and shredded cheese. Stir well until fully combined.
- Unroll each strip of dough and line each strip with cream cheese mixture. Roll up the strips of dough (like a cinnamon roll) and place into a pie dish.
- Repeat until all crescent round strips of dough are filled.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until golden brown.
Follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media. Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest.