These Italian sliders are loaded with hearty flavors and are layered with savory chopped meats, such as pepperoni, salami, and ham, provolone cheese, and a tangy lettuce mixture of shredded lettuce, zesty red onions, chopped banana peppers, dill relish, mayo and dressing, all nestled between soft Hawaiian rolls. A delicious and irresistible Italian slider recipe the whole family will enjoy.
If you love sliders, and you’re a big fan of Italian flavors, then you’re going to love this recipe. Whether you serve these for brunch, lunch, dinner, or appetizers, these sliders are the perfect dish for Italian lovers! I’ve been making these sliders for just a little while, but they’ve already become a major player in my recipe rotation. I just love the way the flavors of the three Italian cold cuts, the creamy, Italian dressing-infused lettuce mixture, and the seasoned rolls work together. I routinely serve these for lunch or dinner, and I’ve already brought them to a couple of parties! They’re as easy as they are delicious, so there’s never a bad time to make them!
These delicious sliders start with a creamy mix of lettuce, onions, relish, banana papers, mayo, and Italian dressing that I chill until I’m ready to serve. Then, I cook ham, pepperoni, and salami until heated through on a skillet. I then toast the rolls in the oven for a few minutes to get them hot and toasty and pile them high with the meat mixture, lettuce mixture, and provolone cheese. It’s an easy recipe that comes together quickly, and when I’m all done, I have a great lunch, brunch, dinner, or party food that everyone loves and always goes fast!
Why You’ll Love This Italian Slider Recipe
- They are so easy to make and can be customized with endless possibilities.
- They provide an explosion of flavor in every bite, from the salty pepperoni, salami, ham, and provolone cheese combined with the refreshing crunch of the lettuce, red onions, tangy banana peppers, dill relish, and creamy mayonnaise. Every bite is simply irresistible.
- They are the perfect finger food for game day, parties, or to add to a wider appetizer spread. And, they are a bit messy but are finger-licking-worthy.
Italian Sliders Ingredients
This recipe uses several ingredients to create its signature blend of flavors, but don’t worry. All the ingredients are simple and readily available at any grocery store.
- Hawaiian sweet rolls
- Provolone cheese
- Hard salami
- Melted butter
- Garlic powder
- Shredded lettuce
- Red onion
- Chopped banana peppers
- Dill relish
- Italian dressing
How to Make Chopped Italian Sliders
The ingredient list may be longer than you’re used to, but the process is incredibly easy. Even beginners can easily make these sliders. It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Step 2: Make the Lettuce Mixture
Mix the lettuce, red onions, relish, banana peppers, mayonnaise, and dressing in a medium bowl. Then, cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to make the sliders.
Step 3: Cook the Meat
Cook the chopped ham, pepperoni, and salami in a frying pan over medium heat until heated through.
Step 4: Make the Melted Butter Mixture
Combine the melted butter, garlic powder, oregano, and basil in a small bowl.
Step 5: Cook the Rolls
Place the bottom buns of the Hawaiian rolls in a 9×13 baking dish, Spread mayonnaise over the rolls and bake for 8 minutes.
Step 6: Construct the Italian Sliders
Place provolone cheese on the bottom half of the rolls, add the meat mixture in an even layer over the cheese, and place the top rolls over them. Then, brush the tops of the buns with the butter mixture. Bake for another 5 minutes. Then, remove the tops of the sliders, add the lettuce mixture, and replace the buns. Enjoy!
- Stir the meat constantly while cooking it. You want to heat it through, not brown it.
- Be careful when removing the bun tops after baking the sliders. They’re hot!
- Be sure to chill your lettuce mixture while making the sliders. It helps the flavors meld effectively.
- You can use your favorite Italian deli meats for this recipe.
- Any soft roll will work well for these sliders.
- Mozzarella is an excellent cheese for these sliders, as well.
What to Serve with Italian Sliders
Serve these delicious sliders with all your favorite sides like:
- Potato chips
- French fries
- Tater tots
- Potato skins
- Potato wedges
- Mac and cheese
- Baked beans
- Pasta salad
- Potato salad
Common Italian cold cut meats include:
While salami, ham, and pepperoni are all cured meats and therefore safe to eat without heating, cooking them in the skillet deepens their flavor and helps the cheese melt more readily.
You can use any of your favorite Italian cold cuts in these Italian sliders. You can use one variety or several. It’s all up to your personal tastes
Toasting your slider buns is the first step to keep them from getting soggy. The toasted surface makes it more difficult for the moisture from the sandwich filling to penetrate the buns. In addition, it’s important to serve these sliders as soon as you make them for the freshest flavor and best texture.
You can make the lettuce mixture and butter mixture up to a day in advance. Just melt the butter again when you’re ready to make the sliders.
How to Store Leftover Sliders
It’s important to store the meat mixture and lettuce mixture in their own containers. Refrigerate them for up to 3 days. If possible, never refrigerate constructed sliders. The moisture in the filling will leech into the buns over time, making them soggy.
Try These Delicious Chopped Italian Sliders Today
These chopped Italian sandwich sliders are as easy as they are delicious! With so many wonderful flavors and such an easy recipe, there’s no reason not to give them a try. No matter when or where you serve them, one thing’s for sure: everyone will fall in love with them. Give them a try and see what I mean.
More Delicious Slider Recipes You’ll Enjoy
These Breakfast Sliders are a delicious and hearty breakfast recipe loaded with scrambled eggs, sausage, and homemade gravy. A favorite family breakfast recipe that the whole family will enjoy.
For the Sliders
Seasoned Butter Mixture
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
For the Lettuce Mixture
- In a medium bowl, mix lettuce, red onions, relish, banana peppers, mayonnaise, and dressing together until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill.
For the Sliders
- In a skillet or frying pan over medium heat, add chopped ham, pepperoni, and salami and cook until heated through.
- Place bottom rolls in a 9×13 baking dish. Spread mayo over the bottom rolls. Place in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with provolone cheese.
- Next, add meat mixture on top of the cheese, and spread out evenly.
- Replace the top rolls.
Seasoned Butter Mixture
- In a small bowl, mix butter, garlic powder, oregano, basil together.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with the melted butter mixture.
- Place back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully take off the top buns.
- Spread the lettuce mixture over the meat, replace the top rolls, brush with additional butter, if desired, and enjoy!
Follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media. Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest.