These pepperoni pizza roll ups are a quick and easy meal for a weeknight treat. An olive oil mixture of garlic and Italian seasoning is brushed on a refrigerated pizza dough and then it’s loaded with mini pepperonis, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and diced jalapenos, then sliced into 1-inch slices and baked to golden perfection.
If you love pinwheels, or roll ups as they’re sometimes called, and you’re a pizza fan then get ready for the ultimate treat. This delicious recipe takes all the flavors we love in classic pepperoni pizza and rolls them up in premade crust. Then, I slice them into medallions and bake them until they’re golden and melty. This is an easy recipe that I’ve been making for years, and it’s always a big hit. I love to bring this to potlucks, birthday parties, or just have them on hand for snacking. In fact, when my kids were in school, these roll ups were requested often because they and their friends always wanted to devour them when they got home!
Pepperoni Pizza Roll Up
This delicious pizza variation starts with refrigerated pizza dough. I top it with cheese, mini pepperoni, and diced jalapenos for a spicy kick. After that, I roll it up tightly, cut it into 1-inch pinwheels, and bake them to golden perfection. After that, they’re served with marinara sauce for the ultimate pizza experience. It’s a great recipe for parties or just because, and it’s always gone when it’s time to go!
Why You’ll Love This Pizza Roll Up Recipe
- It’s super easy to make and only takes a few simple ingredients that are easily found at your local grocery store.
- It uses refrigerated pizza dough, mini pepperoni, mozzarella and parmesan cheese, diced jalapenos, and an olive oil mixture that has garlic and Italian seasoning.
- It’s always a big hit with everyone!
Pizza Roll Up Ingredients
You’ll only need a few ingredients to make this recipe. There’s nothing fancy about this recipe, and you’ll find everything you need at your local grocery store.
- Refrigerated pizza dough
- Olive oil
- Cloves garlic, minced
- Italian seasoning
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Mini pepperonis
- Pickled jalapenos
- Marinara sauce
How to Make Pepperoni Pizza with Refrigerated Pizza Dough
Making this delicious pizza variation is a snap. It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps. There’s nothing to it!
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Step 2: Make the Oil Mixture
Stir the olive oil, minced garlic, and seasoning together in a small bowl.
Step 3: Top the Dough
Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface. Then, brush the oil mixture over he crust. Top with mozzarella, parmesan, mini pepperoni, and diced jalapenos to about 1/2-inch away from the outside edge of the crust.
Step 4: Roll and Cut
Gently roll up the pizza crust into a tight log and slice it into 1-inch pieces with a serrated knife.
Step 5: Bake
Place the pizza roll ups onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden. Serve with marinara sauce and enjoy!
- Be gentle when rolling the dough so your toppings stay relatively where you put them.
- Roll the dough as tightly as possible to create a nice pinwheel.
- Be sure to leave 1/2 inch of dough when adding your toppings so they don’t fall out when rolling up the dough.
- Try adding turkey pepperoni or cooked sausage in place of pepperoni.
- You can add your favorite diced pizza veggies like mushrooms, onion, black olives, bell peppers or red pepper flakes.
- Use any variation of refrigerated pizza dough you like.
- Make you own homemade pizza dough from scratch.
What to Serve with Pizza Roll Ups
This recipe is really just a new twist on pizza, so serve all the sides with this that you’d serve with any pizza. Some great ideas include:
- Garlic bread
- Cheesy garlic bread
- Side salad
- Italian meatballs
- Mozzarella sticks
- Chicken Wings
- Jalapeno poppers
Does pepperoni pizza need to be refrigerated?
Absolutely. Cheese is one of the main ingredients in pizza, and cheese should always be refrigerated.
Can pepperoni be eaten raw?
Yes, it can. Pepperoni is a type of cured dry sausage, which means it’s perfectly safe to eat without heating it up.
What other toppings can be added to pepperoni pizza?
You can add all kinds of fun toppings to pepperoni pizza. Some great ideas include:
- Bell peppers
- Hot peppers
Can pepperoni pizza be left out?
Yes, but not for very long. The longest you should let pizza sit at room temperature before refrigerating it or throwing it away is 2 hours.
How to Store and Reheat Pepperoni Pizza Roll Up Leftovers
Store these pizza roll ups in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. For longer storage, you can freeze them for up to 2 months in an airtight, freezer-safe container.
To reheat, place them on a baking sheet lined with foil an bake at 350 for about 8 minutes or until heated through.
Try This Delicious Homemade Pepperoni Pizza Roll Up Recipe Today
This pizza roll up recipe is as easy as it is delicious, and it’s absolutely loaded with all your favorite pizza flavors. It doesn’t get better than that! If you love pizza, then you need to give this one a try. I know that once you do, you’ll be featuring it in your recipe rotation for a long time to come.
More Delicious Pizza Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Pepperoni French Bread Pizza – This is a quick and easy French bread pepperoni pizza recipe that is loaded with pepperoni, bell peppers, jalapenos, shredded mozzarella and fresh mozzarella cheese for a double dose of cheesy goodness.
Sausage Breakfast Pizza – This delicious and hearty breakfast pizza is full of all the classic breakfast favorites – homemade sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, onions and peppers, and lots of cheese on top of a refrigerated pizza crust.
Hot Italian Sausage Pizza Roll Ups – These delicious pizza roll ups are loaded with cheese and made with my Farfalle with Sausage meat mixture then rolled up in a pizza crust, baked to perfection and then sliced into perfect hand-held pieces that can be dipped into pizza sauce or your favorite sauce.
And, here is a Philly Cheesesteak Pizza from Deliciously Seasoned that you will enjoy too.
Pepperoni Pizza Recipe
- 1 container refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 5 ounce mini pepperonis
- ¼ cup pickled jalapenos, diced
- Marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425° and lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface.
- In a small bowl, stir olive oil, minced garlic and seasoning together.
- Brush oil mixture over the pizza crust.
- Sprinkle mozzarella, Parmesan, mini pepperonis and diced jalapeños over the crust up to a half inch from the edges.
- Gently roll up the pizza crust into a tight log and slice into 1-inch pieces with a serrated knife.
- Place the rolls on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Serve with marinara sauce.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.