This hearty sausage breakfast pizza is the perfect breakfast pizza recipe for everyone. It’s loaded with all the classic breakfast favorites – homemade sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, onions, peppers, and lots of cheese on top of a pizza crust.
Before we get started, let me go down a quick checklist. Biscuits and sausage gravy are delicious. Check. Eggs are always perfect for breakfast. Yes, that checks out. Pizza is just about the best food on Earth. My sources say this is correct. Okay, great. Guess what, everybody? I have the perfect breakfast food for you today! It combines just about every one of your favorite breakfast foods, and it puts them all on a pizza crust! This is not that thin, cardboard breakfast pizza you snag at the gas station when you’re in a rush – although that actually hits the spot sometimes. Oh, no. This is a breakfast pizza like you’ve never had before. One bit and you’ll be hooked.
Sausage Breakfast Pizza
This breakfast pizza is a breakFEAST for any lover of the most important meal of the day. I take a pizza crust, and I top it with sausage gravy, breakfast sausage, scrambled eggs, bell peppers, onions, and of course, a TON of cheese! It’s so fully loaded it’s more of a fusion of a breakfast skillet and pizza than just a plain breakfast pizza. This is one of those breakfasts that will leave you full for hours and hours. It’s as delicious as it is hearty, and even more importantly, it’s easy!
Why You’ll Love This Sausage Breakfast Pizza Recipe
- It’s a hearty and delicious breakfast the whole family will enjoy.
- It’s easy to make and a fun twist on a classic sausage and egg breakfast.
- It is loaded with homemade sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, cheese., onions and peppers
Sausage Breakfast Pizza Ingredients
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this tasty pizza. You’ll find everything you need in your kitchen or your local grocery store.
- Pillsbury classic pizza crust
- Breakfast sausage
- All purpose flour
- Whole milk
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- Large eggs, whisked
- Green bell pepper
- Sharp cheddar cheese
How to Make Sausage Breakfast Pizza
Making this pizza is incredibly easy. If you’ve ever made pizza and/or breakfast, then you can make this recipe with no problems whatsoever.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2: Bake the Pizza Dough
Unroll the pizza crust and pre-bake the pizza dough for 10 minutes.
Step 3: Cook the Sausage
Cook the sausage until done in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain the grease and return to the skillet.
Step 4: Make the Gravy
Add butter to the sausage and melt. Then, sprinkle flour over the sausage, stir, and cook for a couple of minutes. Pour the milk over the sausage and add the seasonings. Stir and cook, stirring constantly, until the gravy is as thick as you like. Pour into a medium bowl and set aside.
Step 5: Make the Scrambled Eggs and Peppers
Wipe the skillet clean and add a tablespoon of butter along with the onions and peppers. Cook until the onions are tender. Then, add the whisked eggs and cook until almost done.
Step 6: Make the Pizza
Brush melted butter on the edges of the pizza. Then, spoon the sausage gravy over the dough followed by the scrambled eggs mixture. Top with shredded cheese. Bake for 10 minutes, cut into pieces, and enjoy!
- It’s important to pre-bake the pizza crust so that it’s nice and done when the toppings are finished cooking.
- Be sure to remove the eggs just a bit before they’re fully cooked. The eggs should still have a wet sheen to them. They’ll finish cooking in the oven.
- Try adding crumbled bacon.
- Make biscuit dough and roll it into a circle for a biscuit crust.
- Try adding some diced jalapenos for a kick of heat and flavor.
- Use any of your favorite cheeses for this recipe.
What to Serve with Sausage Breakfast Pizza
This breakfast pizza is a complete meal all on its own. If you want to make it part of a larger breakfast for a crowd serve it with other breakfast favorites like:
- Mixed fruit
- Your favorite breakfast items
What is breakfast pizza?
Breakfast pizza consists of a pizza dough crust topped with sausage gravy, eggs, and cheese. People also add other breakfast options like onions, bell peppers, jalapenos and mushrooms.
What is the origin of breakfast pizza?
Although breakfast pizza is a very recent invention, its origins are surprisingly murky. No one knows exactly who first made breakfast pizza, but the popular story is that Marietta John, owner of Bucketcake in Perwick, Pennsylvania, first made breakfast pizza sometime in the early to mid-1990s.
Can I use sausage gravy mix instead of making homemade sausage gravy?
You sure can. There are some very good sausage gravy mixes out there, and as long as the gravy is thick, it will work.
What other toppings can you add to sausage breakfast pizza?
If you can add it to your eggs or a breakfast skillet, you can add it to your breakfast pizza. Try:
- Diced jalapenos
- Fried eggs
How long will breakfast pizza last in the fridge?
Breakfast pizza will last for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
How to Store and Reheat Sausage Breakfast Pizza
You can store this pizza in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. For longer storage, freeze it for up to 2 months by wrapping each chilled slice of pizza in a double layer of plastic wrap and placing them in an airtight, freeze-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag.
To reheat the pizza, place the slices on a rimmed baking sheet. Then, cover the sheet tightly with foil and place it on the lowest rack of a cold oven. Set the oven to 275, and let the pizza warm for 25 to 30 minutes until the bottom is crisp and the cheese is melted.
Try This Delicious Sausage Breakfast Pizza Recipe Today
This sausage breakfast pizza is loaded with all the classic flavors we love about breakfast, and it’s so easy to make! With sausage gravy, eggs, cheese, onions and peppers piled up on a pizza crust, this is one breakfast that everyone will love. Give it a try, and I know you’ll make it a permanent part of your breakfast rotation.
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes You’ll Enjoy
One Skillet Italian Sausage Scramble – This delicious breakfast recipe is loaded with tender potatoes, onions, cheese scrambled eggs and Italian sausage. A hearty and delicious one skillet recipe the whole family will enjoy.
Breakfast Sliders – These delicious sliders are made with scrambled eggs, sausage patties, and homemade sausage gravy in between slider buns and baked. So good.
Cheesy Sausage Hash Brown Casserole – This delicious breakfast casserole recipe is loaded with breakfast sausage, creamy hash browns, and cheese, and has a crunchy topping. A delicious comfort food recipe that is always devoured every time it is made.
And, here is a Crescent Roll Breakfast with Bacon, Egg and Cheese from Deliciously Seasoned that will be a hit for breakfast as well.
Sausage Breakfast Pizza
- 1 Pillsbury classic pizza crust
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll pizza crust and pre-bake pizza dough for 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat, cook breakfast sausage until done. Drain grease and return to the pan.
- Add butter to sausage and melt. Sprinkle flour over the sausage. Stir and cook for a couple minutes.
- Gently pour milk into sausage and add seasonings. Stir. Continue stirring until the gravy has thickened and is the desired consistency. Pour into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In the same pan, wipe clean and add a tablespoon of butter, onions, and peppers to the pan and cook over medium heat until onions are tender.
- Pour in the whisked eggs and cook until almost done.
- Brush melted tablespoon of butter on edges of pizza.
- Spoon sausage gravy over pizza dough followed by scrambled egg mixture. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cut into desired pieces and enjoy
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.