This quick-and-easy pepperoni French bread pizza recipe is super cheesy, loaded with pepperoni slices, diced green bell peppers, jalapeños, fresh mozzarella, and shredded mozzarella for a double dose of cheesy goodness.
If you love French bread pizza, then I’ve got a recipe for you. This version is fully loaded with all our favorite pizza toppings, it’s easy to make, and it’s so delicious. Several years ago, I decided I was going to stop buying frozen French bread pizza and just make my own to freeze. The kids powered through it like it was going out of style, and between them and their friends, it started to get expensive! So I simply grabbed a loaf of French bread and made my own version. It was such a hit, I made a triple batch the next time around and froze it for later. It was a recipe that was perpetually asked for by my kids, and I loved making it for myself in the afternoon or evening, as well.
Pepperoni French Bread Pizza
This simple recipe takes classic French bread pizza and gives it a kick of heat with jalapenos. It starts with garlic French bread that’s baked until crispy. Then, I top it with classic pizza ingredients like sauce, mozzarella cheese, bell peppers, and pepperoni – oh, and of course, diced jalapenos because I love that spicy kick. It’s all baked until the cheese is hot and bubbly, and served up piping hot and fresh. If your mouth is watering, it should be. This is the best French bread pizza you’ll ever have!
Why You’ll Love This Pepperoni French Bread Pizza
- It’s super easy to make and only uses a handful of ingredients.
- It’s so cheesy and delicious, and it uses a premade garlic bread loaf to start.
- Everyone loves pizza bread, and they’ll love this homemade cheesy version, too!
- Bake your bread before adding the toppings so the sauce doesn’t make it soggy.
- Be sure you use parchment paper and not wax paper for baking. It can happen, and it makes a smoky mess!
- Cover the bread with pizza sauce, but don’t go too heavy.
- If you decide to use sausage or ground beef, be sure to cook it BEFORE adding it to your French bread pizza.
- Use any of your favorite pizza toppings on this French bread pizza. They all work.
- For a mild version, omit the diced jalapenos.
- You can use a fresh large loaf of French bread for this recipe, as well, and make your own garlic butter mixture with Parmesan cheese.
Use any of your favorite pizza toppings for this recipe.
- Italian sausage
- Ground beef
- Bell peppers
- Banana peppers
- Your favorite cheeses
- Red pepper flakes
- Fresh basil
What to Serve with Pepperoni French Bread Pizza
Just like pizza, this pepperoni French bread pizza is a substantial meal, so keep the sides simple.
- Side salad
- Caesar salad
- Wedge salad
- Fruit salad
- Your favorite vegetables
What is French bread pizza?
French bread pizza is simply a dish in which the pizza crust has been switched out for French bread. It’s topped with your favorite pizza toppings and then baked just like pizza.
What kind of bread works best for pizza bread?
My two favorites are French bread and focaccia bread. But in reality, you can use any bread you want for pizza bread to varying degrees of success. It’s all your personal preference in the end.
Do you have to refrigerate leftover homemade French bread pizza?
Yes. It’s topped with both meat and cheese, so refrigeration is a must.
How long will leftover pizza last in the fridge?
Pizza will last for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
Can you freeze homemade pepperoni French bread pizza?
Absolutely! Bake it up, then chill it in the refrigerator. Wrap it in a double layer of plastic wrap and a layer of foil and freeze it for up to 3 months.
Where did French bread pizza originate?
It was first made in Ithaca New York at a Hot Truck run by Bob Petrillose in 1960. He made the French bread pizza to sell to college students at Cornell University.
How to Store and Reheat Pepperoni French Bread Pizza
Store this pizza bread for up to 4 days covered in the refrigerator. For longer storage, wrap leftovers tightly in a double layer of plastic wrap then a layer of foil and freeze for up to 3 months.
To reheat, place the bread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 450 until hot and bubbly again.
Pepperoni French Bread Pizza Ingredients
It only takes a few ingredients to make this delicious pizza bread. You’ll find everything you need easily at your local grocery store.
- French bread (premade garlic bread)
- Fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Thick pepperoni slices
- Green bell pepper
- Pizza sauce
How to Make Pepperoni French Bread Pizza
Making this pizza bread is just as easy as shopping for the ingredients. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time!
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
Step 2: Bake the Bread
Place both halves of the garlic bread, cut side up, on the baking sheet, add garlic spread (if necessary), and bake until browned – about 12 minutes.
Step 3: Top the Bread
Remove the bread from the oven, and top it with pizza sauce, the mozzarella cheeses, pepperoni, and the remaining ingredients.
Step 4: Bake Again
Bake the bread again for 12 to 16 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly. Enjoy!
Try This Delicious Pepperoni French Bread Pizza Today
This pepperoni French bread pizza is exploding with the flavors of both garlic bread and pepperoni pizza, and it even has an added kick of jalapenos. It’s loaded with flavor, but you’ll only be in the kitchen for a few minutes. Give this one a try, and I know you’ll find yourself making it for everything from fun dinners to great afternoon snacks. It’s just so good and so easy!
More Delicious Homemade Pizza Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Spinach Artichoke Alfredo Pizza – A delicious pizza made with homemade Alfredo sauce, topped with mozzarella cheese, fresh spinach, and artichoke hearts.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Alfredo Pizza – This pizza has all the flavors of the much loved chicken cordon bleu, but placed onto a pizza crust and topped with lots of mozzarella cheese. Yum!
Veggie Supreme Pizza – The perfect pizza recipe for vegans and vegetarians. This pizza is loaded with tender veggies and a super flavorful pizza sauce.
And, these Pepperoni Pizza Crescent Rolls from Deliciously Seasoned. They’re an easy way to make a pizza appetizer for any type of party or gather. Crescent rolls that are loaded with cheese, pepperoni, and pizza sauce and then baked in a Bundt pan until golden brown.
Pepperoni French Bread Pizza
- 1 loaf French bread (premade garlic bread)
- 8 ounce fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 ounce pepperoni slices
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 14 ounce pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 450° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place both halves of garlic bread onto the prepared baking dish.
- Spread out the garlic spread (if necessary) on both halves and place in the oven just until browned, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread pizza sauce over each half followed by fresh mozzarella and shredded mozzarella.
- Place sliced pepperonis, diced bell peppers and jalapenos on top of the cheese.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes or until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.