When you want to make an amazing pizza at home that is more than just cheese and pepperoni, you have to make this Chicken Cordon Bleu Alfredo Pizza. This pizza is bursting with flavor and will add a special touch to pizza night.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Alfredo Pizza
Now don’t get me wrong, I love a good cheese pizza but this Chicken Cordon Bleu Alfredo Pizza is a gourmet style pizza. This pizza will blow away anything you can get from a pizzeria or restaurant. This pizza has so much flavor and so many delicious ingredients that you will never look at pizza the same way again.
Make this chicken cordon bleu pizza whenever you want a special pizza that the whole family will love.
What is Chicken Cordon Bleu
While there are a few ways that chicken cordon bleu is made, it is thin chicken breast that is wrapped around ham and cheese. It is usually breaded and then it is fried in a pan or it can be baked in the oven. Sometimes the chicken also has mushrooms inside. Sometimes you might hear about veal cordon bleu which is made with veal instead of chicken.
In this case, the chicken cordon bleu is deconstructed and is not made together as one piece and instead the ingredients are spread over the pizza so that all the same flavors are together in the pizza.
Is Alfredo sauce the same as white pizza sauce
When you are making a Chicken Cordon Bleu Alfredo Pizza you are using alfredo sauce to create this incredible flavor. Because the taste of the white pizza sauce is very similar, although with more seasonings and less cheese, the sauces can usually be interchangeably.
What kind of sauce goes with Chicken Cordon Bleu
There are a lot of sauces that go great with Chicken Cordon Bleu. I love the flavor of alfredo with chicken cordon bleu so that is why I think these 2 flavor profiles go together perfectly on pizza.
Can Alfredo sauce pizza be prepped in advance
If you want to save some time when you are making this alfredo sauce pizza, you can start it in advance. You can make the pizza dough and store it in the refrigerator. Make sure it is in an air tight container. When you are ready to make your pizza, remove the dough from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature, about 20 minutes before you are ready to use it.
You can also have the chicken fried. You can also roll the pizza dough and assemble the pizza up to a day in advance. Wrap the pizza well in plastic wrap so that it stays fresh. For this recipe we did not use a homemade pizza crust, we used the refrigerated pizza crust which was quick and easy. Making the chicken takes the most time but is so worth it.
Ingredients Needed to Make Chicken Cordon Bleu Alfredo Pizza
- Chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cute into 1/2″ bites
- All purpose flour
- Cajun seasoning
- Garlic salt
- Red pepper flakes
- Fine bread crumbs
- Ham steak, diced into small pieces
- Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust
- Alfredo sauce
- Swiss cheese, shredded
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Green onions, sliced
- Vegetable oil
(Actual measurements are in the recipe card down below.)
How to Make Chicken Cordon Bleu Alfredo Pizza
- Preheat oven to 400º and lightly spray a baking sheet with non stick spray
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, bread crumbs, Cajun seasoning, garlic salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk buttermilk and egg together until well combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture into buttermilk mixture, a little bit at a time, stirring vigorously until combined. Add chicken and stir to coat and set aside (this is a liquid batter recipe).
- Heat oil in large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add about 1/4 of the chicken pieces, one at a time, into the hot oil and cook until golden brown. About a couple minutes on each side.
- Remove and place cooked chicken on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Unroll pizza crust and place on baking sheet(s). Pre-bake crust for 5 minutes then remove from oven.
- Pour alfredo sauce over both pre-baked crusts, add both types of cheese (keeping some for topping), chicken, ham, and sliced green onions. Top with remaining cheese and place back in the oven.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until cheese it hot and bubbly. Remove from oven, cut into desired pieces, and enjoy!
Try This Delicious Homemade Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza
Here are a few more delicious recipes you can find on the blog
- Pepperoni Lover’s Pizza Bread
- Hot Italian Sausage Pizza Roll Ups
- Three Alarm Garlic Cheese Bread
- 25 Game Day Appetizers
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into ½" bites
- 2 containers Pillsbury® refrigerated pizza crust
- 16 oz jar alfredo sauce
- 1½ cups ham steak, diced into small pieces
- 16 oz Mozzarella cheese, freshly shredded
- 8 oz Swiss cheese, freshly shredded
- ⅓ cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup fine bread crumbs
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 400° and lightly spray a baking sheet with non stick spray.
In a small bowl, whisk flour, bread crumbs, Cajun seasoning, garlic salt, pepper and red pepper flakes together. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk buttermilk and egg together until well combined.
Slowly add flour mixture into buttermilk mixture, a little at a time, stirring vigorously until combined, then add chicken, stir to coat and set aside.
Heat oil in large frying pan over medium heat.
Add about ¼ of the chicken pieces into hot oil, one piece at a time, and cook until golden brown. A couple minutes on each side.
Remove cooked chicken and place on plate lined with paper towels.
Unroll pizza crust and place on baking sheet(s), reshape if needed. Pre-bake crust for 5 minutes then remove from oven.
Pour alfredo sauce over both pre-baked crusts, add both types of cheese (keeping some for topping), chicken, ham and sliced green onions. Top with remaining cheese and place back in the oven.
Bake for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly. Remove from oven, cut into desired pieces and enjoy!
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission.
If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words. Only list the ingredients and make sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.