This Slow Cooker White Chicken Soup is a tasty dinner recipe that is truly a comfort meal. Cooked all day, low and slow, this soup has so much flavor, your family will love it. Whether you need something for a busy weeknight and you don’t have time to cook, or you are craving something that makes you feel great, this is the best slow cooker white bean chicken soup.
Slow Cooker White Chicken Soup Recipe
Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Soup is a delicious comfort meal. This soup is made in the slow cooker, making it extremely easy on those busy days. Toss everything together in the crock pot in the morning and come home to a filling and healthy dinner.
Can This Soup Be Made with Cooked Chicken
The white chicken soup is made using boneless, skinless chicken breast. However, if you have leftover chicken on hand or have rotisserie chicken that you want to use, you can certainly substitute it in this recipe. This recipe is perfect for using leftover chicken or using rotisserie as a short cut.
How to Store Slow Cooker White Chicken Soup
White chicken soup will taste just as good if not better the next day. Make a large batch of this soup so that you can enjoy it for a few days. The flavors will meld together more and more and will be phenomenal.
Once the soup has cooled, move it to an airtight container. This can be a storage bowl with a lid of a freezer bag. Store the leftovers in the refrigerator. You can also freeze this soup if you want to keep soup on hand for whenever you are craving a delicious comfort soup.
What Kind Of Toppings Go on Slow Cooker White Chicken Soup
When you are making this white chicken soup, there are different toppings you can place on top. You can garnish the slow cooker white chicken soup with fresh cilantro, pieces of sliced avocado, sour cream, and green onions. You can also add cheese to the top of the soup.
What to Serve with this Soup
This easy white chicken soup can be served with sandwiches, a salad, tortilla chips, or with a crusty bread. Crusty bread is great for dunking in the soup.
Can This Soup Be Frozen
Freezing soup is a great way to have soup to enjoy whenever you want it. It is also a great way to keep soup from spoiling. I like to freeze the soup in individual portions. Use small storage containers that have an airtight lid or use small freezer bags for the best results.
This Slow Cooker White Chili Soup will last in the freezer for about 6 months. Make sure the soup is not exposed to the air so that it does not get freezer burn.
Ingredients To Make Slow Cooker White Chicken Soup
- Chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- Chicken broth
- Salsa Verde
- White beans (Navy or Cannellini beans)
- Diced green chiles
- Cajun seasoning
- Crushed red peppers
- Chili powder
(Actual measurements are in the recipe card below.)
How To Make Slow Cooker White Chicken Soup
- Using a 4-6 qt slow cooker, add all ingredients, except corn starch and water.
- Cover, cook on high for 6 hours or on low for 8-10 hours.
- Once chicken is cooked, take it out of the crockpot and shred it. Return the shredded chicken back to the crockpot.
- In a small bowl, mix corn starch and water, add to slow cooker, and stir.
- Optional; garnish with cilantro, sliced avocado, sour cream, green onion.
Try This Delicious Chicken Soup Today
Here are a few more delicious slow cooker recipes that can be found on the blog:
- Crock Pot Hearty Chicken Stew
- Crock Pot Chuck Roast
- And, Crock Pot Spicy Charro Beans
- Also, Crock Pot Chicken Broccoli Rice
Slow Cooker White Chicken Soup
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups salsa verde
- (2) 15 oz cans white beans, drained, rinsed
- (2) 4 oz cans diced green chiles
- 15 oz can corn, drained
- 1 tsp Slap Ya Mama™
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp cumin
- ¼ tbs red crushed peppers
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 3 tbsp water
- Using a 4-6 qt slow cooker, add all ingredients, except corn starch and water
- Cover, cook on high for 6 hours or on low for 8-10 hours
- Once chicken is cooked, take it out of the crockpot, and shred it. Return the shredded chicken back to the crockpot.
- In a small bowl, mix corn starch and water, add to slow cooker, and stir
- Optional; garnish with cilantro, sliced avocado, sour cream, green onions
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission.
If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words. Only list the ingredients and make sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.