Crock Pot Hearty Chicken Stew
Here is a delicious crock pot hearty chicken stew that is sure to please. It’s loaded with veggies and seasoned just right. The curry goes great with the chicken and gives this dish great flavor along with the spiciness of the jalapeños.
Being the weather is still really cold over most of the country, this crock pot hearty chicken stew is the perfect comfort food recipe to enjoy on those cold nights.
This is actually my first blog post from our new home in Texas. We made our move from Southern California to the North Houston area almost 2 weeks ago and boy has it been tough trying to get moved and settled in. The weather is not like SoCal. It’s been raining, thundering and lightening like crazy the past few days which is so nice compared to the drought we are still having in California. I know I’ll miss the sunshine and dry weather back in Cali but a change was definitely needed. Plus, I’m now finally close to my daughter and son-in-law. Definitely a win there!
Back to the recipe… So if you are craving a hearty stew made with chicken, which is a bit healthier, then try this recipe. Comfort food deluxe. Great served with corn bread or biscuits. I’ve said it before, we love spicy food, and the jalapeños can be left out if spicy is not your thing. The flavor tastes great either way.
We hope you enjoy this crock pot hearty chicken stew as much as we do.
Try this crock pot hearty chicken stew today
Here are a few more delicious crock pot recipe you can find on the blog: Crock Pot BBQ Beef Brisket, Crock Pot Beans and Ham, Crock Pot Boneless Pork Loin, and if you missed my delicious Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken Red Beans and Rice you can find that there too!
Crock Pot Hearty Chicken Stew
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 1"chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 large potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 6 carrots, peeled, sliced
- 6 stalks celery, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 cup jalapeños, seeds removed, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 14.5 oz can chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp ground curry
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 15 oz cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 15 oz can peas, drained
- 1 14.5 oz can green beans, drained
- Spray a large crock pot with a non stick spray and turn on high.
- Add chopped onions, potatoes, carrots, celery, bell pepper, garlic, jalapeños and then chicken to crock pot.
- Season with curry, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Next, pour tomatoes, chicken soup, chicken broth on top of chicken and vegetables.
- Cook on high for 8 hours or on low for 12 hours.
- Add corn, peas and green beans the last hour of cooking.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.
Do you have any recipes in smaller portions, say for two?
Great Grub, Delicious Treats
Hi Anita, I would just cut this recipe, and all my other recipes, in half. It still might be more than you need though. I hope you enjoy! :)