Crock Pot BBQ Meatloaf
This Crock Pot BBQ Meatloaf is super easy, tastes great and is a delicious comfort food the whole family will enjoy. The delicious flavor of the barbecue sauce gives this meatloaf a savory, smokey flavor then topped with additional barbecue sauce makes this one tasty meal.
One thing about meatloaf, it can be made so many different ways, with lots of different ingredients.
With this crock pot BBQ meatloaf, just mix everything together, form an oblong loaf and place foil around it, then place in the crock pot on top of onions and set the control to high. Six hours later this tasty meatloaf will be ready to enjoy (top with additional barbecue sauce the last hour of cooking). Potatoes and carrots can also be added along with the onions arranged around the meatloaf. I usually add a can of veggies to my meatloaf. Try it, it is delicious!
Topping this crock pot BBQ meatloaf with barbecue sauce changes up the traditional style of meatloaf. I usually top my meatloaf with ketchup but with this meatloaf recipe, the barbecue sauce adds the delicious savory, smokey flavor.
A great comfort food
Meatloaf sandwiches are one of my all time favorite sandwiches. Actually, I mainly make meatloaf so we can have sandwiches for a few days. I’m in the process of moving from California to Texas (in 7 days) and one of my dearest friends, Lori, has been helping us pack. She came over again to help and we finished up the meatloaf making delicious sandwiches which she absolutely loved. Once we get all moved and settled in I will get back on track with posting more recipes but in the meantime, I hope you enjoy this tasty comfort food the next time you are thinking of making a meatloaf.
Try this crock pot BBQ meatloaf today
Here are a few more delicious crock pot recipes you can find on the blog: Crock Pot Chuck Roast with Mashed Potatoes, Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken, Crock Pot Pork with Mashed Potatoes, Crock Pot Chuck Roast and Crock Pot Green Chile Enchilada Chicken, plus many more.
Crock Pot BBQ Meatloaf
- 3 lb ground beef
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbs mustard
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, plus additional for topping, (I used Sweet Baby Ray's®)
- 1 pkg meatloaf mix
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs, plain
- 1 Tbs garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 small can mixed vegetable, drained
- Spray a 6 qt or larger crock pot with a non stick cooking spray and turn to high.
- Chop one onion into larger size chunks and place on bottom of crock pot.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix ground beef, onions, eggs, mustard, milk, barbecue sauce, meat loaf mix, bread crumbs, garlic salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Once all ingredients are mixed together well, add mixed vegetables and then form into an oblong loaf placing on foil.
- Roll edges up the sides of meatloaf and place into the crock pot.
- Cook on high for 6 hours. Add additional barbecue sauce to the top of the meat loaf the last 1/2 hour of cooking.
- Carefully remove meatloaf from the crock pot allowing the grease to drain into the crock pot.
- Place on a serving tray and enjoy.
- Adding potatoes, carrots and celery with the onions is how I usually make this meal.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.