Slow Cooker Beef Shoulder Roast
This slow cooker beef shoulder roast tastes fantastic, is fall off the fork tender, super flavorful, and is a great meal to throw in the slow cooker and forget about it. Loaded with delicious vegetables and seasoned just right, this is definitely a perfect slow cooker roast recipe for the meat and potato lovers out there.
Super tender, this slow cooker beef shoulder roast is an incredibly delicious comfort food that has been a family favorite for years. Having tender beef mixed with creamy, soft potatoes and delicious carrots, along with other veggies, makes dinner delicious. Using the slow cooker or crock pot is perfect for this roast and veggies because all that needs to be done is peeling and slicing the vegetables, seasoning the meat, putting everything together in the slow cooker, turning it on and no fuss, just great food without any hassle.
Easy Slow Cooker Recipes
Using a slow cooker during the winter months is perfect and even better is using one during the hot, scorching, summer months. No need to heat the house when you can pull out your slow cooker and have a delicious meal that can be started in the morning and finished just in time for dinner. That’s a win win in my book.
I just have to share something with you all about the dishes in this post. We went out to dinner one night, in our first month moving to Texas, and while we were having dinner at Red Lobster® and eating off these gorgeous plates, I knew I wanted these plates and bowls for the blog. I asked our waiter if I could buy a plate, long story short, Jennifer, the manager, let me purchase 5 different pieces of this dinnerware with her boss’ approval of course. I absolutely love the blue trim on the white plates and bowls. So a shout out and a big thank you to Jennifer for being so awesome and allowing me to purchase these for the blog. I LOVE them! Moral to the story, if you see something you like, don’t be afraid to ask to purchase it. It could happen! ;)
Try this slow cooker beef shoulder roast today
Check out these other delicious crock pot recipes: Crock Pot BBQ Pork Ribs, Crock Pot Pork with Mashed Potatoes, Mexican Style Crock Pot Chuck Roast, and how about all of these 8 Easy & Delicious Crock Pot Meals.
Slow cooker beef roast
Slow Cooker Beef Shoulder Roast
- 3 lb beef chuck shoulder roast, boneless
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 packet Lipton® onion soup mix
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 6 large carrots, peeled, sliced
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp thyme
- 32 oz beef broth
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 cup water
- 3-4 cups frozen corn
- 1 15 oz can green beans, drained
- Spray an 8 quart slow cooker with a non stick spray.
- Add onions, potatoes, carrots and celery to the bottom of slow cooker.
- Place roast on top of veggies.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic salt, thyme and onion soup mix over meat.
- Pour diced tomatoes on top of meat and add broth.
- Cover and cook on low 10-12 hours or on high for 7-8 hours.
- One hour before roast is done cooking, add frozen corn and green beans, cover and continue cooking for additional hour or until heated thoroughly.
- Mix corn starch with water and stir into sauce to thicken it up a bit.
- Serve and enjoy!
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.