This delicious and cheesy roasted garlic bread is so flavorful and easy to make. Roasted garlic is mixed with butter and seasonings, spread over a loaf of sliced French bread, then topped with shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, and baked until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
If you’ve been looking for a delicious side dish that works with almost anything, then you’ve found it here. Garlic bread is a classic that goes as well with seafood as it does with spaghetti. When you add cheese to it, it only gets better. What, then, happens when you make that garlic goodness even deeper by roasting it? I’ll tell you. You get the best garlic bread you’ve ever had in your life. for years, I made garlic bread with simple garlic powder. It was quick and easy, and it was good enough – mainly because I didn’t know what I was missing.
Then, I roasted garlic in the air fryer. What a game changer! The flavor of the roasted garlic tasted so much more intense and delicious, and all the melty cheese on top really sealed the deal for me. That was when I also discovered that roasting garlic is not in any way as difficult as I imagined it would be. I’ve been making this particular garlic bread recipe ever since, and I think that once you give it a try, you’ll love it as much as I do.
Roasted Garlic Bread with Cheese
This delicious recipe starts with a foundation of soft-on-the-inside, crusty-on-the-outside French bread. Then, I top it with garlic and herb compound butter and tons of mozzarella cheese and some Parmesan. Then broiled to bubbly, golden brown perfection in just a few minutes. What you end up with is garlic bread that is intensely flavored with garlic, classic Italian seasonings, and more than enough cheese to satisfy anyone. It’s the ultimate cheesy garlic bread, and it’s pretty darn easy to make!
Why You’ll Love This Cheesy Roasted Garlic Bread
- It’s full of flavor and so easy to make.
- It only takes a few simple ingredients that you can easily find at your local grocery store.
- It’s so cheesy and delicious, and it makes a great side for lasagna, spaghetti, pork chops, chicken, steak, and more.
Cheesy Roasted Garlic Bread Tips and Variations
This is an incredibly easy recipe to make, but I do have a couple of tips to make sure it’s the best it can possibly be. I also have some great variations that I think you’ll enjoy.
- Look for a nice, fat loaf of French bread. Those are usually the fluffiest and make for amazing garlic bread.
- Cut off just enough of the head of your garlic to make it easy to squeeze out after it’s roasted. You don’t want to waste any of that deliciousness!
- Watch your bread closely when broiling the cheese. Golden is great, brown is burned.
- Try other cheeses like Colby Jack or an Italian blend to change up the flavor.
- Omit the red pepper flakes if you don’t like hot food.
- You can make this with Texas Toast bread, as well.
What to Serve with Cheesy Roasted Garlic Bread
I mean, what can’t you serve with it? This delicious garlic bread makes a great addition to almost any meal. It’s perfect with:
- Spaghetti, lasagna, stuffed shells, fettuccini alfredo, pizza, or any Italian dish
- Chicken recipes
- Pork chops
- Steak and beef
- Tomato-based seafood dishes
Roasted Garlic Bread FAQ
The following FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions about this delicious bread.
What goes good on garlic bread?
Garlic bread is excellent with cheese, your favorite Italian spices and fresh herbs, real butter, and of course, garlic. While it doesn’t go ON the garlic bread, marinara sauce is always nice to have on hand for dipping, as well.
Does roasting garlic make it taste better?
Absolutely! Roasted garlic is simultaneously milder and bolder than raw garlic. It takes away the bite, yet deepens the pure garlic flavor of the bulbs.
How do you keep garlic bread from getting soggy?
The best way to keep garlic bread from getting soggy is to choose the right bread. You want a fresh Italian of French loaf with a crusty exterior and a chewy, soft center. This allows it to soak up the butter as it bakes without getting soggy.
Can you freeze homemade garlic cheese bread?
Yes! You can freeze garlic cheese bread for up to 3 months.
How to Store and Reheat Garlic Bread with Cheese
Store this bread in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. For longer storage, open-air freeze the garlic bread for 30 minutes. Then, place the slices in a heavy-duty freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
To reheat, wrap your bread in aluminum foil and bake for 5 to 15 minutes, depending on the size of the bread, at 350 degrees. Remove the foil in the last 2 to 3 minutes of cooking to get the cheese nice and bubbly.
Roasted Garlic Bread with Cheese Ingredients
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this recipe. You’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store.
- French bread, sliced in half lengthwise.
- Head of garlic, roasted
- Olive oil
- Butter, room temperature
- Red pepper flakes
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Shredded Parmesan
How to Roast Garlic for Garlic Bread
Cut about 1/4 of the top of the garlic head off. Then, place a 5×5-inch piece of aluminum foil in the palm of your hand and place the garlic bulb, root side down, onto the foil. Drizzle with olive oil and add a dash of salt, then wrap the foil around the garlic and seal it tightly. Air fry at 390 degrees for 20 minutes or bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour. Then, let it cool until you can handle it easily and squeeze the roasted goodness out of the openings where you cut the bulb.
How to make Roasted Garlic Bread with Cheese
Making this recipe is super simple. As you can see above, the most labor-intensive part of the entire recipe is roasting the garlic, and even that is mostly just a matter of waiting for it to finish cooking.
Step 1: Prep
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside
Step 2: Make the Compound Butter
Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves into a small bowl. Then, add the softened butter, oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes and mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Step 3: Bake
Add a thick layer of roasted garlic butter mixture to each half of the French loaf of bread or French baguette and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes until the butter is melted and the bread is hot.
Step 4: Broil
Remove the bread from the oven and top it with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan. Then, broil for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Cut to your desired size and enjoy!
Try This Delicious Roasted Garlic Bread Recipe Today
This roasted garlic cheese bread tastes so fancy, but it’s so easy! It rivals any garlic bread that you’ll ever have in any restaurant, and it comes together in just a few minutes. It’s so easy to make that it’s perfect for a weeknight side, appetizer, movie night treat, or any time you’re craving it. Give it a try and get ready to fall in love!
More Delicious Garlic Bread Recipes
Garlic Cheese Bread – This garlic bread has the perfect combination of garlic and three types of cheese. Easy and delicious.
Three Alarm Garlic Cheese Bread – Spicy and delicious, this garlic cheese bread recipe has a spicy blend of cheese and tastes so good. Cheesy and delicious.
Pull Apart Garlic Cheese Bread – A delicious pull apart cheese bread with garlic and lots of mozzarella cheese.
And, here is a Cheesy Garlic Texas Toast recipe from Deliciously Seasoned that you might enjoy as well.
Roasted Garlic Bread with Cheese
- 1 loaf French bread sliced in half lengthwise.
- 1 bulb garlic roasted
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- ⅙ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- How to Roast Garlic
- Cut ¼ off the head of the garlic bulb.
- Place a 5×5 inch piece of aluminum foil in the palm of your hand and place the garlic bulb, root side down, onto the foil.
- Drizzle with olive oil and add a dash of salt.
- Wrap the foil around the garlic, seal tightly and place in the air fryer basket or bake in the oven (the air fryer is 390° for 20 minutes or oven baked at 400° for 45 minutes – 1 hour).
- Remove and when cool enough to handle, unwrap and squeeze the roasted garlic cloves into a small bowl.
- Add butter, oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes.
- Mix until all ingredients are combined and slather roasted garlic butter mixture over each side of bread and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes then remove from oven and top with shredded mozzarella cheese and shredded Parmesan.
- Place under the broiler until cheese is hot and bubbly, approximately 5 minutes.
- Cut into desired size pieces and enjoy with your favorite dish.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.
Looks so delicious and I bet it smells so good! Love your recipes!
Great Grub, Delicious Treats
Thank you so much Bob! It’s sooooo good! :)