Everybody loves warm and gooey jalapeno cheddar bread. These scrumptious breadsticks are combined with the flavor of sharp cheddar cheese and jalapeno peppers into one large twisted loaf for an easy way to enjoy cheese bread.
If you love cheesy breadsticks, then I have a recipe that will knock your socks off – because it hits you so hard with flavor! Living here in Texas, it’s basically a rule that you have to add jalapeno and some kind of cheese to everything. So for years, I’ve been doing just that with my breadsticks! This is a semi-homemade recipe that just uses a couple of toppings, so it’s super easy to make. I love to serve these at parties of all kinds, and sometimes, I’ll make them just because. Give them a try, and you’ll be just as hooked as I, my family, and my friends are.
Jalapeno Cheddar Bread
This recipe starts with refrigerated Pillsbury breadsticks. Then, I braid them into twists, top them with cheese and jalapenos, and braid them again. Finally, I bake it to golden perfection. What comes out of the oven is a braided loaf of bread streaked with cheese and jalapenos that’s soft, fluffy, and so beautifully golden. It’s so easy, it looks so fancy, and it tastes so good. Now, that’s a combo!
Why You’ll Love This Easy Jalapeno Cheddar Bread Recipe
- It’s made with 4 simple ingredients, and it’s super easy to make.
- It’s made with tasty Pillsbury refrigerated breadsticks, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, and diced jalapenos.
- It only takes about 30 minutes to make and enjoy piping hot jalapeno cheese bread.
Jalapeno Cheddar Bread Ingredients
It only takes a handful of ingredients to make this super easy recipe. You don’t need much of anything! The actual measurements are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Pillsbury Breadsticks Original
- Diced jalapeno peppers (I used Mr. Olive brand)
- Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Melted butter
How to Make Jalapeno Cheddar Bread
Making this bread is a snap. It takes very little effort and less than half an hour.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Then, line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray it with nonstick spray. Set aside.
Step 2: Twist the Breadstick Dough
Unroll the breadstick dough and make 6 long strips by combining 2 strips together. Then, take 3 of the long strips and pinch the ends together firmly so the 3 strips are connected on both sides and gently twist.
Step 3: Make the Bread
Place the twisted 3 strips on the prepared baking sheet and top with half the cheese and jalapenos. Then, repeat the process with the other 3 strips, twisting, placing the strips on top of the first set of strips, and topping with the remaining cheese and jalapenos. Press the two layers together firmly and gently twist to make a loaf of jalapeno cheddar bread.
Step 4: Bake
Brush with melted butter, then bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into pieces and enjoy.
- Twist the bread just enough to make a nice spiral. There’s no need to torque it down into a corkscrew.
- When working with jalapenos or any hot pepper, always wash your hands between handling them and NEVER touch your face.
- Give this bread a super Tex-Mex vibe by using Mexican or Taco blend shredded cheese.
- Try adding black olives for more flavor.
- Try making a blend of cream cheese, cheddar cheese, diced jalapenos, and bacon for jalapeno popper bread.
What to Serve with Jalapeno Cheddar Bread
This delicious cheddar bread is perfect as part of a larger appetizer spread. Serve it alongside your other finger foods. Of course, dipping sauces are perfect with these breadsticks. Try:
- Ranch dressing
- Spinach artichoke dip
- BBQ sauce
- You other favorite sauces.
What is the best cheese to eat with bread?
Cheddar and mozzarella are the two most popular cheeses to eat with bread.
What is a substitute for pickled jalapenos?
You can use fresh jalapenos in place of pickled. You can also simply use hot sauce.
Does cheese bread need to be refrigerated?
Yes, it does. The cheese in the bread must be refrigerated for freshness and safety.
Can you freeze leftover jalapeno cheddar bread?
Absolutely! Cheese bread of all kinds freeze very well and will last for up to 3 months.
How to Store and Reheat Jalapeno Cheddar Bread
Store the bread in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days. For longer storage, you can freeze it for up to 3 months wrapped in a double layer of plastic wrap in an airtight, freezer-safe container.
To reheat the bread, line a baking sheet with foil and place the bread on it in a single layer. Then, bake at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes or until warmed through.
Try This Delicious Jalapeno Cheddar Bread Today
This easy, delicious jalapeno cheddar bread is ready in just a few minutes and delivers a ton of cheesy, spicy flavor that will make it a hit at your next party or simply a family game or movie night. With just 4 ingredients, you’ll have a recipe for cheesy bread that they won’t be able to stop eating. Give it a try, and I know it will become a regular part of your snack recipe rotation.
More Delicious Cheesy Bread Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Roasted Garlic Bread with Cheese – This delicious and flavorful garlic bread is mixed with butter and seasonings, and roasted garlic spread over a loaf of French bread then topped with shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
Green Chile Cheese Bread – This cheese bread has a ton of flavor and kick with diced green chilies, garlic, three types of cheese and is baked until the cheese is hot and bubbly
Garlic Cheese Bread – The perfect combination of flavor, this delicious cheese bread is loaded with a three cheese mixture and garlic, with the right amount of crispiness and gooey hot and bubbly cheese.
And, here is some Cheesy Garlic Texas Toast from Deliciously Seasoned that you will enjoy as well.
Jalapeno Cheddar Bread
- (2) 12 count Pillsbury Breadsticks Original
- ⅓ cup diced jalapeno peppers, (I used Mr. Olive brand)
- 2-3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Unroll breadsticks, separate and make six long strips by combining two strips together.
- Take three of the long strips and pinch together the ends firmly so the three strips are connected on both sides and gently twist.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with half the cheddar cheese and half the jalapeños.
- Now, repeat with the remaining breadsticks and place on top connecting each end firmly with the other.
- Twist gently and then brush with melted butter.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cut into desired pieces.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.
I am a vegetarian and this Jalapeno Cheddar Bread recipe is great!
Great Grub, Delicious Treats
Thank you so much for sharing and I’m so glad you enjoyed this recipe. Also, thank you for the 5-star rating! Totally appreciate that. :)