Parmesan Crusted Lemon Chicken Strips
These parmesan crusted lemon chicken strips taste so good and are a delicious twist on the standard chicken strips. Talk about D.E.L.I.S.H!
The crunchy coating, along with the hint of lemon, makes these parmesan crusted lemon chicken strips a requested favorite. Makes a perfect appetizer that everyone will enjoy!
First off, I have to share something with all of you. And the reason I am sharing is that you never know what other people are going through. I was flying to Houston, Texas (to surprise my daughter and to go house hunting), and as I got on my connecting flight in Vegas, the second row back had a young women in the middle seat. I asked her if the seat on the end was taken. “No” she said. As I sat down (in those tiny seats mind you), I sat on part of her sweater. She grabbed it and pulled it out from under me. I thought, Wow, I’m sorry. I kind of laughed a bit and asked her if she wanted me to find another seat. She replied, “No.” I did something again to irritate her and asked if she wanted me to move. Again she answer “No.”
So as I sat in my seat, she mentioned to me that she gets irritated easily because she has been battling breast cancer for the past 10 years, is in constant pain, and has a titanium rod in her femur due to the metastasis of her cancer. She introduced herself to me and we became fast friends on the plane. I told her I was a hospice admission RN and know all about pain that people suffer with on a daily basis. We discussed all kinds of things related to her treatment, what she has endured over the past 10 years and her 5 different bouts with chemo treatments. Let me tell you, I would not have wanted to sit by any other passenger that day, except Lisa.
Lisa and I discussed food and all the different places to get tacos in Texas, talked about some of the delicious sounding meals she has made for her and her teenage son, and all of it sounded so delicious, well maybe not the cow’s tongue tacos. LOL.
My new friend mentioned that she is not able to tolerate tomato based food and that lemon chicken piccata was a favorite of hers. I told Lisa that these lemon strips were the only thing I have ready for publishing so these parmesan crusted lemon chicken strips are for you Lisa! I hope you find the time and strength to enjoy these.
Anyway, my whole point was that everyone is going through some kind of a struggle in their life. Maybe small, maybe huge, but remember, you can always brighten someone’s day with just a smile, a kind word or a kind gesture.
Try these Parmesan Crusted Lemon Chicken Strips today
Lastly, here are a few more delicious recipes you can find on the blog: Parmesan Crusted Lemon Pork Chops, Crock Pot Pork with Mashed Potatoes, Cheesy Garlic Scalloped Potatoes, and how about some Cranberry Orange Pecan Loaf.
Parmesan Crusted Lemon Chicken Strips
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, the one in the green container
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup Panko® bread crumbs
- 3 eggs
- Garlic salt, pepper, salt to taste
- 2 lemons, divided
- Optional, crushed red pepper flakes
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Using a cast iron pan, or in a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- In a large baggie, add parmesan cheese, flour and breadcrumbs. Shake to mix.
- Cut chicken into strips and place a few at a time into the baggie, shake to coat.
- Remove and place the chicken strips on a paper plate.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl and dip each chicken strip into the egg mixture.
- Next, add the chicken strips, a few at a time, back to the bag, shake until coated, remove and place into the hot oil.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt, pepper, salt, red crushed pepper flakes.
- Squeeze lemon juice over each chicken strip and once again on the other side when turned.
- Fry until golden brown on each side.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.