Skip the store bought Mini Strawberry Strudel Bites and make your own. Simple to make, these strawberry strudel bites are absolutely amazing. Crispy and delicious, you will never buy premade strudels again.
Easy Strawberry Strudel Recipe
These Mini Strawberry Strudel Bites are great for breakfast or as a dessert. With a delicious strawberry cream cheese filling and topped with light glaze, these strudel bites are perfect for anytime.
Can Frozen Strawberries be Used in Strawberry Strudel Bites
While I am using fresh strawberries, this recipe can also be made with frozen strawberries. If you are using frozen strawberries, you will want them to thaw completely and then drain off any extra wetness or moisture. If you use strawberries that are frozen, there will be added moisture in the filling.
Are Strawberry Strudels Vegetarian
When looking at the ingredients in strawberry strudels, the ingredients are vegetarian but they are not vegan. This recipe includes eggs, cream cheese, and heavy cream. These items are consider vegetarian. If you are looking for a vegan version, you can swap the egg wash for a wash made from Soy, rice or almond milk. You can use a vegan cream cheese and you can use full fat coconut cream to replace the heavy cream.
How to Store Strawberry Strudel with Puff Pastry
When you are storing this amazing strawberry strudel with puff pastry, you want to make sure it is stored in an airtight container or in a plastic freezer bag. You want to make sure this strudel is covered well or else it will get stale. The strawberry strudel with puff pastry can be stored at room temperature.
Can I Make Strawberry Strudel Without Icing
I have a light powered sugar glaze that I like to put over the strawberry strudel but if this is something you would rather leave off, you certainly can. You can also change it to be a cream cheese glaze if you prefer.
To make this a cream cheese glaze add a small amount of softened cream cheese to the glaze and then thin it as needed with the heavy cream. This will create a delicious drizzle over the top of the strudels.
How Long Does Strawberry Strudel Puff Pastry Last
Since you are making these from scratch, the strudel bites do not have preservatives. This means that the strawberry strudel puff pastry will not last as long as some of the prepackaged ones. This strawberry strudel puff pastry will last about 3 or 4 days.
If you want the strudel to last longer, you will want to freeze some of them. This is a great way to make sure the strawberry strudel bites do not go bad and you can have them whenever the craving hits. Wrap each bar well and place it in a freezer bag. When you are ready to eat the strudels, remove them from the freezer and let them thaw until they have come to room temperature.
Ingredients Needed To Make Strawberry Strudel Bites
- Puff pastry sheets
- Egg, water
- Fresh strawberries
- Corn starch
- Cream Cheese
- Lemon juice
- Powdered sugar
- Heavy cream
How To Make Mini Strawberry Strudel Bites
- Start out by lining a baking sheet(s) with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix corn starch and water together in a small bowl.
For The Strawberry Filling
- Add strawberries and sugar to a medium saucepan and heat of low flame, stirring until sugar has melted, then add corn starch slurring to pan and continue cooking over low heat. Stir until thickened the remove from heat and let cool.
For The Cream Cheese Filling
- Beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes then add sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Beat until blended and smooth.
Assembling The Mini Strawberry Strudel Bites
- Unfold puff pastry dough sheet(s) on a floured surface. Cut along the seams lengthwise making three long pastry strips.
- Next, cut each strip again lengthwise ending with six long strips.
- Finally, cut all strips in half and add a little cream cheese mixture to the center of each strip.
- Top cream cheese mixture with a teaspoon of strawberry mixture.
- Fold the end over the mixture and then fold the other end over.
- Flip over and place seam side down on prepared baking sheet(s).
- Make two small slits in the top of each strudel and brush egg wash over each one.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes.
For The Icing
- Mix powdered sugar, heavy cream and vanilla together in a small bowl until desired consistency is obtained.
- And finally, drizzle over strudels and enjoy.
Try These Delicious Mini Strawberry Strudel Bites Today
Here are a few more scrumptious puff pastry recipes that can be found on the blog:
- Pineapple Cream Cheese Danish
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Bites
- Blackberry Hand Pies
- Cherry Cream Cheese Puff Pastry
- 1 box puff pastry sheets, each sheet cut into 6 long strips, then each strip cut in half
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 1½ cups fresh strawberries, cut each strawberry into 8 pieces
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp heavy cream
- ½ tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 375° and line a baking sheet(s) with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a small bowl, mix corn starch and water together. Set aside.
Using a medium saucepan, add strawberries and sugar into pan and turn heat to low. Stir.
Once sugar has melted, add corn starch slurry to pan, continue cooking over low heat and stir until thickened.
Remove from heat and let cool.
In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy, approximately 2 minutes.
Beat sugar, lemon juice and vanilla into cream cheese until blended and smooth.
On a floured surface, unfold puff pastry sheet and cut along seams lengthwise making three long strips.
Next, cut each strip again lengthwise ending with six long strips.
Finally, cut all strips in half and add a little cream cheese mixture to the center of each strip.
Top cream cheese mixture with a teaspoon of strawberry mixture.
Fold the end over the mixture and then fold the other end over.
Flip over and place seam side down on prepared baking sheet(s).
Make two small slits in the top of each strudel.
Brush egg wash over each strudel and bake for 25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
Mix powdered sugar, heavy cream, vanilla together until desired consistency is obtained.
Drizzle over strudels and enjoy.
Recipe inspired from Cakewhiz
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.