Hatch Chicken Burritos Recipe
These hatch chicken burritos are perfect to make using the popular Hatch green chiles that are available only for a short time once a year.
Hatch Green Chile Season
Right now it’s the end of Hatch chile season, which runs from the beginning of August through the end of September, but you can find Hatch Valley Salsa (which I used in this recipe) at Trader Joe’s™ and other Hatch chile products at the local H.E.B.™ grocery stores here in Texas, so stock up the pantry now with this deliciousness.
Hatch Chile Chicken Recipes
These hatch green chile burritos tastes delicious and make a great meal topped with charro beans, avocado, jack cheese, cilantro and some salsa. I used my crock pot spicy charro beans in this recipe. These charro beans are so flavorful and a favorite with our family and perfect to add to these delicious chicken burritos.
Chicken Burritos Made With Hatch Chiles
These Hatch chicken burritos are made from my Crock Pot Hatch Salsa Chicken recipe.
Try These Hatch Chicken Burritos Today
Here are some other Mexican recipes that can be found on the blog: Mexican Style Crock Pot Chuck Roast, Salsa Verde Pork Tacos, Beef Enchiladas, Black Bean Mexican Omelette, Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapeños, plus many, many more.
Hatch Chicken Burritos
For The Shredded Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 12 oz jar Hatch Valley Salsa, from Trader Joe's®
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp red crushed peppers
For The Burritos
- 12+ flour tortillas
- 2-3 cups charro beans
- 3 cups Jack cheese, grated
- 2-3 large avocados, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
For The Shredded Chicken
- Lightly spray a 6 quart crock pot with a non stick spray.
- Place onions in bottom of crock pot and then top with chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle cumin and red crushed peppers on top of chicken then pour hatch salsa over the top.
- Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or on low for 10-12 hours.
- Shred, continue cooking for another half hour. Use for tacos, burritos, nachos or eat with rice and beans or mashed potatoes.
Assembling The Burritos
- Heat tortillas before filling.
- Shred chicken and add a couple spoonfuls to the center of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle with cheese, add some charro beans, and then top with avocados, salsa and cilantro. Roll up and enjoy!
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.