Beef Enchiladas Recipe
Do you struggle at times to think of something to make for dinner? I have found that by keeping a couple of pounds of ground beef in the freezer, I can always come up with a dinner everyone will like. These beef enchiladas are one of the recipes that I turn to often.
Beef enchiladas are amazing and one of my family’s favorite meals! The difference with these enchiladas versus the standard type of enchiladas are the flour tortillas that are used. Using the flour tortillas gives these enchiladas a different, but delicious, taste and texture!
These have somewhat of a “softer” texture, as my girls would say! These are very tasty and can also be made with corn tortillas instead. Be brave, and give these a try. You will love them, I promise! Leftovers can be stored in the freezer, if there are any!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 2 lbs of cheddar cheese
- 1 large can of sliced olives
- 1 28 oz can of Red Chili Sauce
- 2 28 oz cans of Red Enchilada sauce you can use your own homemade enchilada sauce
- 18-24 flour tortillas burrito size
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Brown ground beef, along with diced onions, salt and pepper, in pan until browned. Drain off grease. Add ground beef back to pan, and add in one can of each, enchilada sauce and red chili sauce. Cook over medium heat.
- In a separate pan, add the remaining can of enchilada sauce. Heat to medium. Grate your cheese while this is cooking. Once the cheese is grated, and the sauce and meat mixture is hot, add a little sauce in the bottom of a 9 X 13 pan. You will need two of these pans or one larger baking dish.
- Take your tortilla and dip it into the sauce that is in the pan by itself. After it’s covered in sauce, lay it in the bottom of the baking dish. Add in the meat, cheese, and add in olives. Role up and put at the top of the baking dish. Now repeat until your dish is full. You can add an additional layer on top if you have room. Top with more cheese and olives. Repeat for the other baking dish. Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve by itself or add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.