This quick and easy candied pecans recipe are the best you will ever have. Crunchy, salty and sweet, these roasted nuts have the best flavor. Enjoy these pecans all holiday season long.
Skip the expensive store bought candied pecans and make your own. For a fraction of the cost, you can have these candied pecans whenever the craving hits. In about an hour, these candied pecans are ready to eat. Make a large batch to keep some for yourself and more to give away.
If you are looking for a special holiday treat, or a simple food based gift idea, these candied pecans are perfect. Easy to make, and a lot can be made at one time. These pecans make a delicious and tasty Christmas gift idea and are great to eat as a snack or perfect as a salad topper.
What are Candied Pecans
Candied pecans are pecans that have a special candy coating on them. The coating is made from a combination of Egg whites, Water, Vanilla, Sugar, Cinnamon and Sea salt. These coated pecans are different than glazed pecan which are made with brown sugar cinnamon and corn syrup with butter. The flavors are different even though both taste fantastic.
Can I Use Walnuts Instead
Walnuts and pecans are often interchangeable in recipes. If you wanted to make these as candied walnuts instead, you can swap them. The flavors of the pecans and the walnuts are different so the flavors of the nuts will differ but the walnuts will have the same sweet and salty flavor.
How Long Can I Keep Candied Pecans
When you store candied pecans, you want to keep them in an airtight container. These pecans will last about 1 week at room temperature. You can store them in the refrigerator and the nuts will last for about 3 weeks or in the freezer for about 2 months.
How Do You Fix Sticky Candied Pecans
If the nuts are still sticky, place the pecans into the oven at 325°. Do not place them on wax paper, but you can use parchment paper to line the baking sheet. Bake the nuts for 5 to 15 minutes. This will lessen the amount of stickiness of the nuts.
However, the nuts will feel sticky until they are cooled. Once the nuts have cooled, they will harden and will not be sticky. Be sure not to overbake the nuts or else they will have a burned flavor to them.
Can You Freeze Candied Pecans
You can definitely freeze these pecans. Freezing is a great way to enjoy these pecans later on and will last about 2 months in the freezer. Be sure to store in an airtight container, like a storage bowl with a tight fitting lid or in a freezer bag.
I like to freeze the nuts laying flat so that they do not stick together. This lets me take out a portion of the nuts without having to take out the entire batch.
Ingredients To Make Easy Candied Pecans
- Egg white
- Vanilla extract
(Actual measurements are in the recipe card below.)
How To Make Easy Candied Pecans
- Preheat oven to 250°, butter a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites, water, and vanilla together until frothy.
- Add in pecans and stir to coat.
- In a small bowl, whisk sugar, cinnamon and salt together.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture over pecans and stir to coat.
- Dump pecans onto prepared baking sheet and spread out in a single layer.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove from oven and let cool.
Try this delicious recipe today
Here are a few more pecan recipes that can be found on the blog:
Easy Candied Pecans
- 4 cups pecans
- 1 large egg white
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 250°, butter a baking sheet and set aside
- In a medium bowl, beat egg white, water, and vanilla together until frothy
- Add pecans and stir to coat
- In a small bowl, whisk sugar, cinnamon, and salt together
- Sprinkle sugar mixture over pecans, stir to coat
- Dump pecans onto prepared baking sheet and spread out in a single layer
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes
- Carefully remove from oven and let cool
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission.
If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words. Only list the ingredients and make sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.