These delicious dark chocolate chip pecan cookies are soft and chewy with a rich buttery flavor, loaded with dark chocolate chips, chopped pecans, and baked until the edges are crispy with a soft center.
If you’ve been a reader of my blog for any period of time, you know I love cookies. Of course, I make all kinds of recipes, but cookies are one of my favorite things to make. From sugar cookies to chunky cookies and everything in between, I’m definitely a cookie gal. I’m an especially big fan of adding texture to cookies. Whether it be chocolate chunks, nuts, or both, I love a cookie that’s all lumpy and full of flavor and texture. That’s why I love these dark chocolate chip pecan cookies. The dark chocolate and chunky pecans make for a combination that’s delicious and interesting when you bite into them. They’re the perfect snack, dessert, or addition to any potluck.
Dark Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
These delicious cookies start with a soft, chewy cookie dough. Then I stuff it full of dark chocolate chips and chopped pecans. After that, I bake them to delicious, melty, chunky perfection. It’s an easy recipe that is absolutely overflowing with flavor. It doesn’t get much easier or more delicious than these cookies!
Why You’ll Love This Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookie Recipe
- These cookies are soft and chewy and loaded with chocolate chips and pecans.
- They’re always devoured every time they’re made and pulled from the oven.
- Everyone LOVES chocolate chip cookies!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Tips and Variations
As with most cookies, this is an easy recipe. However, I have a couple of tips to help you make them the best they can possibly be. I also have some great variations that I think you’ll love.
- Always fully soften your butter for easy creaming and the right texture and bring your eggs to room temperature for proper baking.
- Spoon your flour into your measuring cup to overflowing and then level it off with the flat of a knife to avoid measuring too much flour.
- Use any of your favorite nuts with this recipe.
- Use milk, semi-sweet, or white chocolate chips.
Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies FAQ
If you have questions about this recipe, then I have the answers. The following FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions about these cookies.
Can I use margarine instead of butter for cookies?
You can. Using margarine in place of butter changes the cookies, but only a little. Cookies baked with margarine don’t taste quite as rich as cookies baked with butter, and they tend to spread more and bake up crispier.
What can I use in place of butter for chocolate chip cookies?
There are a few substitutes that you can use in place of butter for cookies.
- Coconut oil
- Greek yogurt
How do I make my cookies softer?
There are three great ways to make softer cookies.
- Bake your cookies at a higher temperature. They’ll bake fast instead of drying out.
- Take your cookies out about a minute early to make softer cookies.
- Rest your cookie dough in the refrigerator for about an hour. This evaporates some of the water in the dough, increasing the sugar concentration and making chewier cookies.
Can I freeze cookie dough?
Absolutely! Form your dough into cookie-sized balls and chill it in the refrigerator. Then, transfer the balls to an air-tight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
What’s the #1 cookie in the USA?
It should come as no surprise that the classic chocolate chip cookie and its variants are the most popular cookies in the United States.
Who invented the first chocolate chip cookie?
Ruthe Wakefield and Sue Brides invented the first chocolate chip cookie in 1938 at, you guessed it, the Toll House Inn.
How to Store Homemade Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
Store your cookies in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to two weeks. Remember, the longer they sit, the drier they become so eat them sooner rather than later.
Dark Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make these cookies. You’ll find everything you need easily at your local grocery store – IF they’re not in your kitchen already.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Large eggs
- Corn syrup
- Dark chocolate chips
- Chopped pecans
- Caramel baking bits (optional)
How to Make Dark Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
Making these cookies is as easy as shopping for the ingredients. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and set out the butter to soften and the eggs to come to room temperature.
Step 2: Combine the Wet Ingredients
Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla, and corn syrup together in a large bowl until creamy. Then, add the eggs and beat until combined.
Step 3: Combine the Dry Ingredients
Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
Step 4: Make the Dough
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Then, using a wooden spoon or a rubber spatula, stir in the dark chocolate chips, chopped pecans, and caramel bits.
Step 5: Bake
Drop the dough by rounded teaspoons or 1-inch cookie scoops onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until the edges start to brown. Then, remove the cookies from the oven and let them sit on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes. Transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Try These Delicious Dark Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies Today
Soft, chewy dough, rich dark chocolate and caramel chips, and chopped pecans. What could be better? Nothing. The answer is nothing. Give this recipe a try, and I know you’ll agree. They’re the perfect snack, dessert, or addition to any potluck, and everyone always loves them!
More Delicious Cookie Recipes You’ll Enjoy
M&M Sugar Cookies – Soft, chewy, loaded with M&M’s, and then sprinkled with coarse sugar. These cookies are great to make for any occasion.
Dino Sugar Cookies – These are super cute and delicious sugar cookies that are loaded with sprinkles, mini marshmallows, and of course, dinosaur sprinkles. These are fun for birthdays or an after school snack.
Snickerdoodle Cookies – A traditional cookie recipe that is rolled in a cinnamon sugar mixture and then baked to perfection.
And, try these delicious Chocolate White Chocolate Cookies from Deliciously Seasoned. They’re a soft, chocolatey cookie that is loaded with white chocolate.
Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and set out butter and gather all ingredients.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla and corn syrup together until creamy.
- Add eggs and beat until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
- Add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients mixture.
- Stir in dark chocolate chips, pecans and caramel bits.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon, or 1 inch cookie scoop, onto an ungreased baking sheet or baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cookies sit on the baking sheet for a couple minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.