These cheesy chicken enchiladas start out in the crock pot and finish up in the oven. So cheesy and delicious.
Shredded Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
When’s the last time you’ve had some good ol’ homemade shredded chicken enchiladas? These are super easy to make. Start out by slow cooking the chicken and then when it’s time to start preparing dinner, these cheesy chicken enchiladas can be baked and ready to serve in about an hour.
Spicy Chicken Enchiladas
Spicy is our favorite and I know some do not like spicy food. Exchange the red chile sauce for red enchilada sauce and that will cut down on the spice in this recipe. The flavor in the red chile sauce is awesome and it does have a nice kick to it.
How To Make Chicken Enchiladas
For this recipe start out by cooking the chicken in the crock pot. Spray a 5 quart crock pot with a non stick spray. Add chopped onions to the bottom and place the chicken breasts on top. Sprinkle cumin, salt and pepper onto chicken and add diced green chiles. Pour the red chile sauce, or red enchiladas sauce, over the chicken. Next, cover and cook on high for 6 hours and then shred with two forks.
Once the chicken is done, spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with a non stick spray. Open the small can of enchilada sauce and pour a little sauce in the baking dish covering the bottom completely (save the remaining for covering the enchiladas). Add chicken mixture to center of each tortilla and then add cheese, roll and then place in the baking dish. Additional black olives can be added to each enchilada prior to rolling if desired. Repeat until all chicken mixture has been used up.
Once the baking dish is full, pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the enchiladas, top with additional cheese and sliced olives. Spray foil with a non stick spray and cover enchiladas. Spraying the foil will keep the cheese from sticking to the foil. Place in the oven. Bake for 1 hour or until heated thoroughly and the cheese has melted.
Easy Chicken Enchiladas
These enchiladas are super easy to prepare. It’s always nice to have a delicious meal that doesn’t take long to make. My daughter and son-in-law just had their first baby (and I’m such a proud G’ma and he’s just the most beautiful little baby) and I made them chicken enchiladas. Seriously, these enchiladas were made in about 30 minutes once the chicken was cooked so they could have dinner later during the week. These are easy and will satisfy any Mexican food craving.
Try These Delicious Enchiladas Today
Looking for More Enchilada Recipes?
Shredded Beef Enchiladas, Green Chile Pork Enchiladas, Leftover Mexican Style Crock Pot Chuck Roast Enchiladas, Spicy Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas, Hatch Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas Casserole, plus many more.
And, here is a delicious Easy Beef and Bean Enchilada recipe from Deliciously Seasoned you might enjoy too!
Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 oz can diced green chilies
- 28 oz can red chile sauce
- 15 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 3 cups Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 3 cups Pepper Jack, grated
- 8-12 flour tortillas, burrito size
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- Optional: sliced green onions, cilantro
- Spray a 5 quart crock pot with non stick spray and add chopped onions to bottom.
- Place chicken breasts on top of the onions, add cumin, salt, pepper, diced green chiles and then pour red chile sauce over chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for 6-7 hours. Once tender, shred with two forks.
- Preheat oven to 375° and spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non stick spray. Open small can of enchilada sauce and pour a little sauce in the baking dish covering the bottom completely (save the remaining for covering the enchiladas).
- Add chicken mixture to center of tortilla then add lots of cheese, roll and then place in baking dish. Repeat until all chicken mixture has been used up.
- Once the baking dish is full, pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the enchiladas, top with additional cheese and sliced olives.
- Spray foil with a non stick spray (so the cheese will not stick to the foil), cover and place in the oven. Bake for 1 hour or until heated thoroughly and cheese is melted.
- Optional: Top with sliced onions, cilantro and sour cream.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions